What range finder for under $500?

Brake708

Beginner
Feb 14, 2018
Looking at getting a new range finder and don't want to spend over $500 excluding taxes. I don't need to range anything over 2000 yards that's for sure but something accurate out to 600-800 yards would be great if possible at that price point.?

Sig Sauer Kilo 850 or 1200 should work nicely for you. I have the 850, it's fine for my needs. Think I paid about $150 for it.

Or, heck, you could go with the Kilo 2000 or 2200 and still be within your budget. The 2200 is on sale at Cabelas right now for $349.

I sure read good things concerning the Sig Sauer line of optics, including their RFs.

bdbrown66":yn6fey3z said:
Or, heck, you could go with the Kilo 2000 or 2200 and still be within your budget. The 2200 is on sale at Cabelas right now for $349.
Right here.

If the 2200 is at that price I'd get it in a second. I bought the 2000 on sale 16 months ago and like it a lot.

I’d consul you to try before you buy. I went a few years back planning to buy a leupold.

Well, I tried it, and found it hard to read. Nikon was no better. Probably using the same electronics.

I ended up buying a bushnell elite. Got it for 399 on clearance.

After having it for a bunch of years, I got really lucky. I can range individual turkeys at 600 yards.

Doesn’t get tricked by little branches.

I would not trade it or replace it. I take the 9v battery out at the end of the season and gets years out of a battery. Does rifle or archery range for up or downhill shooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Sig. Try them all. For the price, nothing can touch the Sig.

I love my 2000.

You might be able to grab a Leica 1000R for that price point. It probably won't range like the higher end SIG's, but it will get to a 1000 pretty easily and is very nice to look through. Mine has been a constant companion for a couple of years now.

Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up going with the Bushnell G Force DX because know local dealers had any Sig range finders to look at.

Back