Sig Sauer Tango 4

gbflyer

Handloader
Mar 28, 2017
Received today. Hope to wring it out the next day or two when my 30mm rings get here. Initial impressions are positive, the glass is very nice with no blurring at the edges even at 24X. The clicks are positive, I'd say good not excellent. Very well packaged, received in Alaska via US Postal from Optics Planet 4 days from ordering.

4cbb1e3f6fedfe1c15cbdf39dc479322.jpg

I have a Whiskey 5 that I'm liking very much. Anxious to hear the results of your 'wringing' out!

I got an email from the dude who is going to Cerakote my barreled action saying he’s ready for it so the scope test is going to get put off a week. I did get the base from EGW and some Burris Tactical rings in from Brownells. Ended up keeping the medium rings, I think the low would work for the objective clearance but not the eyepiece to bolt clearance. Sits a little higher than I’d like but that’s life. I’ll get a pic up of my rig when I get it back from the paint job.

33eb0df4bd2fa9c94d2f73d356bfb24e.jpg

Got the barreled action home from GH Coatings in Montesano, WA. This is the second Cerakote job he’s done for me. Flawless and fast turn around. Have yet to sight it in, and it’s supposed to rain all week. ☹️

I’ve heard a lot of great things about sigs line of optics. That is a great looking setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a huge skeptic on sig optics, due to their initial foray into this space being just to rebrand Chinese junk red dots. (They admitted they goofed up and took another direction.)

I have the tang 4 and have to say, in it's price range it's solid. Tracks out to 1000 and back consistently. Reticle is a little heavier than I like, but it's a mechanically accurate scope with decent glass. No complaints.

Time to resurrect this one.

I brought the rifle with me to CO this year. The scope survived the treatment from the savage baggage handlers inside my hard case with no zero shift. My buddy has a range out to 1000 marked out on the local BLM. We shot at 750 due to time constraints, but I was very happy with the combination. After the first shot, then compensating for the change in altitude from sea level to over a mile-high, I easily got on the 750 yard target with the dial up the Strelok ballistic app called out. I’m not super impressed with the clicks, a little mushy, but very repeatable. Optics clarity is good, at 25X I could easily see the bullet strikes on the freshly painted steel gong even with the afternoon mirage.

I hope to find a use for it on this years hunt. As the package is weighing in at over #14, it’s strictly for staying out and waiting somewhere. If not, then the Ruger American ‘06 will have to do.

Back