22 LR scope recommendation

orchemo

Handloader
Dec 13, 2006
Going to get a CZ 455 for the youngest. What 22 LR scopes do people like?
Not too heavy.

For a kid to shoot at 50 yards or so? Get a Bushnell or Simmons for $50 and be done with it.

On my .22 bolt gun, I have a Simmons "22 Mag" 3-9x32. Works fine for targets, squirrels, etc.

I have an old Leupold 2-7x33 Vari X II on one gun and a Simmons 22 mag 4x on another. They are both good scopes for plinking and hunting. They both look and feel right on these 22 rifles, as they are slightly smaller scopes. However, the one bolt gun really deserves more magnification to eek out a little more precision on targets.

If I were getting a new scope, I'd take a hard look at the new Leupold Freedom rimfire scope. They have both a duplex reticle and a BDC type reticle to choose from. There are some other good rimfire scopes out there as well. For less money both Nikon and Bushnell make nice looking rimfire scopes.

Was looking at the bushnell scopes. The range has a silhouette area specific for 22 LR. Would be a fun way to spend the evening.

Yep, I was thinking of doing something like this:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/24237 ... icle-matte

They have a 6-18x too and there is a Nikon rimfire along these lines too. I don't see how you go wrong with them for casual plinking or even some club competition. You can always upgrade to a more target specific scope if you get more serious about it.

bdbrown66":2drqx2d2 said:
On my .22 bolt gun, I have a Simmons "22 Mag" 3-9x32. Works fine for targets, squirrels, etc.

YUP

I had a Burris FFII 3-9x40 on a CZ 45222LR a few years ago. Very clear picture and not too heavy.
I shot scaled down metallic silhouette with it for a bit.
The Burris can grow into bigger guns as they age.

On my CZ 452 American I have a SWFA 6x42MQ heavier, but the kids find it easy to get behind, and it is not carried.
On an airgun I currently have a Hawke 2-7x32, very light and I guess would work on a 22 too

Don't know if it is really a recommendation, but I had a burris elite 3-9x40 lying around that's on the rimfire now.
Works fine out to 100m.
Actually, I shoot it just as much as he does.
With ear-protection, you rather feel that the bullet is gone than hearing it!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Leupold 2-7x33 rimfire scope is what I put on my CZ 455 and I really like that a lot. The newer Freedom 3-9 Leupold would be excellent as well.

I put one of the Vortex Crossfire series on my Browning T-Bolt .22 magnum and it seems to be a great match.

Back