Kudos to Nightforce!!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Sent my NF scope for a cleaning due to debris being in the scope. They got it last Monday and Tuesday they sent it out!!!!
I was so surprised. Full inspection optical and mechanical. Wow!

Bravo nightforce!!!!!!

New inspection sticker and box!

Outstanding!
My VX-6 3-18x44mm is back at Leupold for the second time because it won't track. It's not holding up to the recoil of the 338 RUM.
I think it's time for a NightForce.

JD338

FOTIS":1m50bui2 said:
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-3.html

This is what I bought for my custom 30-378 which I am picking up today

The SWFA SS's are a bargain for the money in my earnest opinion. They have been very good to me and have not pooped out on me as of yet. I sent one back in thinking it was the scope, they inspected it and sent me a new one. No issues with the old one but they were/are great to deal with.

Kinda funny, but Nightforce only makes about 1 or 2 scopes that I really like. I am sorta spoiled by the FFP, MQ reticle in the SWFA series, and I don't want over a 40-45mm obj and that is hard to get in a NF. Great scopes and I'd buy one in a heartbeat, but I keep using these danged 6X SS MQ's and they have been ROCK solid on the range and ultimately on the mountain. Heavy yes, but I got tired of wasting ammo on trying to love Leupolds...

My favorite hunting scope is a old Leupold VX3 1980's era 1.5-5 which the poi has never changed since I put it on my M77 30-06.
I wish Night Force made something similar since I think it is as perfect as it gets for an all around hunting scope where you need low power for a running shot or higher power for extended range shooting.
I keep it set on 1.5 in case I have to make a snap shot on a deer I jumped out of a fence row or thicket.

truck driver":3rzxq21g said:
My favorite hunting scope is a old Leupold VX3 1980's era 1.5-5 which the poi has never changed since I put it on my M77 30-06.
I wish Night Force made something similar since I think it is as perfect as it gets for an all around hunting scope where you need low power for a running shot or higher power for extended range shooting.
I keep it set on 1.5 in case I have to make a snap shot on a deer I jumped out of a fence row or thicket.

They do, it’s a 1x8 FFP MIL/MIL. It’s one of the two I like that they offer.

Older Leupold’s like you’ve got should be coveted cause I can’t fall for their newer variables.

SJB358":20udu7hf said:
truck driver":20udu7hf said:

They do, it’s a 1x8 FFP MIL/MIL. It’s one of the two I like that they offer.

Older Leupold’s like you’ve got should be coveted cause I can’t fall for their newer variables.
I looked and they do have a 1-6X24 but no 1-8.

FOTIS":6pra9cts said:
https://www.nightforceusa.com/Nightforce-NX8-Riflescopes.aspx

MOA and Mil

I dig the 1-8... might be a darned near perfect scope for a BG mountain game rifle. My only complaint is it is a touch short on tube length.

extension rings or Picatinny rail brother

FOTIS":1mgyvhcs said:

I can do extended bases but I can’t do pic rails. I carry my rifles through the port area.

SJB358":3m6yt9dv said:
FOTIS":3m6yt9dv said:

I can do extended bases but I can’t do pic rails. I carry my rifles through the port area.
Old habits are hard to brake after doing it for 20yrs. Though not as long as you in the military I still find myself doing the same thing using the scope for a carry handle. :)>)

I carry it around the floor plate with my thumb going in between the scope and ejection port area a bunch. Part of the reason I hate rifles that are fat thru there. Just a habit I’ve developed. Pic rails are probably the best thing going for scope mounting but I just couldn’t fall in love with them on hunting rifles for me.

SJB358":13d58qu9 said:
FOTIS":13d58qu9 said:

Doesn't some one make two piece pic bases?
I thought I saw them on a rifle somewhere.

I think they do but I’ve never seen them for P64’s. I do have a Burris set up on my 338 that is close though.

SJB358":1cdno39j said:
I think they do but I’ve never seen them for P64’s. I do have a Burris set up on my 338 that is close though.
I was thinking that maybe you could take a one piece and cut the center out of it and get what you want or need. I think EGW makes a one piece base for the M70. I'm not sure but I think some of the manufactures make rings with 20MOA built into them for hunting rifles.

Back