Burris Scopes

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
At one time they were the top of the line but you don't here much about them anymore.
Are the Fullfield II and the E1 any good or are they in the Bushnell class of scopes?

I've had a couple of them and they did just fine.

I have a friend who is one Bushnell's "pro-staff"...his response was that the only thing wrong with the new Bushnell scopes once you get above the Wal-Mart glass was they have "Bushnell" written on them.

I wasn't knocking Bushnell so much for their quality just as you said the Wal-Mart glass.
I have several older Banners on some rifles and a Trophy I need to send back that a 300Bee broke
which was only the second one that I had go bad on me. The first one was killed by a spring air pellet rifle which they repaired free of charge. I need to send the Trophy in so I can get it fixed and use it.
I'm also looking at Tract Optics which seems to be looking good for a hunting scope which is made in Japan and marketed and designed here in the US. You have to buy them direct because they don't sell them threw distributors.

My little brother put a 3x9 E1 on his 257 and hates the reticle. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Now their FFII line of scopes has been rock solid for me. I'd gladly take a 3x9 FFII over anything big L is putting out these days.

They do just fine on my guns. Not a fan of the E-1 reticle but it works on my 300 H&H.

The new tough 30mm Long range scopes rock

FOTIS":2jca1a31 said:
They do just fine on my guns. Not a fan of the E-1 reticle but it works on my 300 H&H.

The new tough 30mm Long range scopes rock
Thanks Fotis that's what I have been hearing about the E1 reticle and will probably get a E-II unless I like the Tract Optics I want to look at.

I've owned 4 burris scopes , still have one . 3 of these were FFII 3-9 x40 's , one was a 4-16 signature series . 2 of the 3-9's went bad , one was on my 7mm rem mag the other was on my 7mm-08 . the 4-16 was so long I hated it after one trip to the range . I still have an old FFII 3-9 on my 30.06 , it has been trouble free .

I have two Burris scopes one with the E-1 and I like it on my .17 HMR works great, but I don't like the wingdage & elavation caps.
The other is a older 1.75x5 Burris and it has works fine and when I go Bear hunting again I will put it back on my 300 H&H Mag.

I have 4 and like them.
The newer Veracity line is pretty slick and the XTRs are rocks.

Dwh7271":3pfyxx8f said:
I have 4 and like them.
The newer Veracity line is pretty slick and the XTRs are rocks.
I picked up a 3-9X40mm F-1 with the p3G4 reticle( G4with red dot) and will see how that works for me. Should have it this Saturday if Fed-UP stops messing around. The scope was 27 miles from my home and they carried it another 20 mile farther away to a different state and facility. Doesn't make know sense, I don't know how they make any money the running out of the way to deliver packages the way they do.

Just got it today in the mail and from what I see I like so far the reticle surprised me since I was expecting it to flare when I turned it on but the dot is nice round and crisp. Just holding it in my hands and looking threw it with the dot turned off it looks like a G4 with a target dot and again very clear and crisp very easy to pick up even when looking at dark objects and dark back rounds.

Attachments

• KIMG0091.jpeg
    KIMG0091.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 1,096
I've got 2-Burris scopes. A C4 and an E1. Both scopes have really good glass, good in dim light conditions and I like the reticles in both equally well. For the money I feel the quality is good without refinancing the house. 8)

Don

Back