Extreme long range Scope Mount for M48

Whitesheep

Beginner
Jan 6, 2015
Looking to get a little more range out of my scope and want to understand what others have done to get some angle in their scope mount. I would prefer not to go with a Picatinny 20 MOA rail as I don't like bridging the action. Any ideas?

I want to try out a local Precision Rifle Series match and with my current setup I don't think I can dial much past 600 yards. I do have a BDC, but it is of the hunting variety not on MOA or Mill Dot. Caliber is .280 AI, rifle is M48 Liberty.

Thank you in advance for your input

you can use the Burris signature rings . these use the plastic insert in different thicknesses . by using these inserts you can put moa tilt in your set scope . I think the one inch rings have 0moa -5moa-10moa offset bushings . 30mm rings I think come in 0 moa , 5 moa . so with a one inch scope tube you could potentially add 20 moa to your scope by using a +10 in the front ring and a -10 in the rear ring . read up on them you'll understand what I'm talking about .

https://www.burrisoptics.com/signature-rings

Another vote here for the Burris Signature style rings. I believe the basic Signature rings (whether for 1 in or 30 mm tubes) come standard with pairs of offset bushings up to 10 MOA, while the XTR Signature rings (their tactical version) come standard with pairs of offset bushings up to 20 MOA. I've got both on my rifles, adopting the latter when I needed more offset adjustment (due to badly misaligned bases) than the basic Signature rings would get me. The Burris Signature style rings is about all I use anymore.

Thank you for the advice jimbires and maverick2. I went with Talley's as this will keep my rifle under 9 lbs which I need to participate in the hunter class for NRA Silhouette. I don't need a tilt scope mount for this competition, but am trying out Precision Rifle and with the current scope I would run out of clicks.

Thanks again,

Back