SWFA Super Sniper

gbflyer

Handloader
Mar 28, 2017
I picked up a 16X when they were on sale sometime early last year. I’ve been wringing it out on my light 6.5CM, figured it would be a good piece for load development. Only problem is the windage wanders. I will get 3 shots touching, then a 1moa shift, then 2-3 more shots, then return. It also is very mushy on the dials. Sometimes a click is .25 MOA, the next time it’s 1 MOA. I plan on sending it back, wondering if anyone has any experience with their customer service. It’s my first SS, hardly ever read about a failure.

I’m surprised to hear those issues. All of mine have been flawless. 5 for 5 have been solid performers. I hope they work things out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think with the two I received yesterday I’m sitting around 7-8 6X SS. MQ’s, 2 3x9’s and 2 1x4’s. I sent 1 scope back to them thinking it was the scope that quit tracking. It was actually my load that had developed some crazy donuts that were sending my concentricity through the roof. Fixed my brass, SWFA sent me a new scope anyhow..

They aren’t infallible but the things you’re having issues with don’t sound typical.

Put my Sightron on today to verify my theory. As I suspected, the scope is bad. I’m not complaining, everyone gets a Friday scope at times. Looking forward to getting one back that works.

gbflyer":28tfk06w said:
Put my Sightron on today to verify my theory. As I suspected, the scope is bad. I’m not complaining, everyone gets a Friday scope at times. Looking forward to getting one back that works.

Good deal, sorry to hear about the luck, but they are pretty good at getting a good one back out to you quickly, at least my experience of one.

I have one 6X SS MQ that is slightly bent. When I mounted it to one of my lighter actioned rifles and torqued the cap screws to 15 inch lbs it actually will torque the action enough so it won't smoothly slide into battery.

Took me a bit to figure that one out. Ended up mounting it on my 6.5 CM AR and it it still works and tracks like it should, and the AR mount doesn't care that it's bent a touch. This scope was my first SS 6X and has succumbed to a bunch of falls and tumbles, the tube is scratched, dinged, marred and dented, but it still has a clear picture and tracks as it should. I had thought about sending it back for a new one, but I have some history with it, so I keep it.

They are some tough devils.

SJB358":3szgvgku said:
gbflyer":3szgvgku said:

Good deal, sorry to hear about the luck, but they are pretty good at getting a good one back out to you quickly, at least my experience of one.

I have one 6X SS MQ that is slightly bent. When I mounted it to one of my lighter actioned rifles and torqued the cap screws to 15 inch lbs it actually will torque the action enough so it won't smoothly slide into battery.

Took me a bit to figure that one out. Ended up mounting it on my 6.5 CM AR and it it still works and tracks like it should, and the AR mount doesn't care that it's bent a touch. This scope was my first SS 6X and has succumbed to a bunch of falls and tumbles, the tube is scratched, dinged, marred and dented, but it still has a clear picture and tracks as it should. I had thought about sending it back for a new one, but I have some history with it, so I keep it.

Thanks. I’d have never thought of a bent tube torquing the action but it makes sense. I lap rings on most everything but that certainly wouldn’t help in your case.

gbflyer":1uvaicu8 said:
SJB358":1uvaicu8 said:
gbflyer":1uvaicu8 said:

Thanks. I’d have never thought of a bent tube torquing the action but it makes sense. I lap rings on most everything but that certainly wouldn’t help in your case.

Me neither. If I didn’t see it with my own eyes I would not have believed it. The rings were perfect as far as that went. It was the first thing I checked. And they weren’t dainty rings. I used Warne MountainTech rings and Warne bases.

Just enough twist in the tube to pull the action slightly outta kilter when they were tightened.

I guess Scotty's experience should tell you something about how robust the SS scopes are: the slight bend in the tube cause the rifle's action to bend or bind when the scope was torqued down. I've never heard that one before, and yet the 6x scope still tracks fine. Wish I would've had the extra funds on hand to pick up a SS when they were on sale Black Friday. I would like to try one on my 308.

BretN":18skdrwt said:
I guess Scotty's experience should tell you something about how robust the SS scopes are: the slight bend in the tube cause the rifle's action to bend or bind when the scope was torqued down. I've never heard that one before, and yet the 6x scope still tracks fine. Wish I would've had the extra funds on hand to pick up a SS when they were on sale Black Friday. I would like to try one on my 308.

They are good deals.

This is the offender.. you can see ring marks, and the ocular is dented but it works fine on my 6.5 AR so far...

I'd say the Burris rings with the plastic inserts would make this bent scope work just fine .

Funny how Tasco designed this scope for the Military but didn't get the contract so instead of producing it for the public they sold the design rights to SWFA.
Would curious to know who or where they are being built.

I love them. I have and have had from the 1-4 to the 5x20. Currently I have 3x15's on my 30-378 28 Nosler and 300 Bee

The SWFA Super Sniper is one of the most popular, inexpensive, and accurate long-distance target scopes ever produced. The only thing that makes this deal sweeter is that you can buy it from SWFA for the same price nobody else can beat. The world-famous Super Sniper line of riflescopes has been helping hunters and shooters meet their goals for decades.
1647248379852.png
Known for its high magnification and long eye relief, this quality scope is a staple in many cold-bore shot memories. Some of the uses for the 1,000-yard shooting super sniper include long-range target shooting and air gun competitions. Note: You’ll need to mention one specific use of the SWFA Super Sniper in your introduction (above or below).

Back