Bushnell Customer Service

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
I sent a spotting scope and a rifle scope in for repairs after contacting customer service.
The rifle scope was a Trophy 2.5-10X45mm duplex reticle made in Japan which the erector had messed up on due to using it on a heavy recoiling rifle.
They sent me a new scope or someone else's since the cellophane wasn't on the box if they come wrapped that way I don't know since it has been a while since I bought a Bushnell. The scope they sent in exchange is a Trophy 3-9X40mm mil dot reticle made in Korea.
Guess I'll have to give them a call and ask what's up since they haven't sent the spotting scope back and wondering what I'll get in exchange for it.

Edit
I jumped the gun on this and just got off the phone with Bushnell CS.
A nice young fellow did some investigating and said he could send me a New Engage model which was comparable to the scope I sent in for repairs.
So I will be getting a 2.5-10X44mm with a tactical style reticle and turrets so now I'll have to buy some 30mm rings.
This will be my first 30mm scope so it will be something different for me to play with.

He also gave me a work order number for the spotting scope I sent in and should be hearing about it soon also.
So I can give Bushnell an A+ for customer service.

What did I miss? Glad you are getting a new scope but why a 30mm? That means you've got to spend more money (Rings maybe bases) to get it up and running. Wouldn't be any where close to an "A" in my book. Too bad. The best warranty is one you don't have to use. Hope it works out for you. CL

cloverleaf":gf2jfo4i said:
What did I miss? Glad you are getting a new scope but why a 30mm? That means you've got to spend more money (Rings maybe bases) to get it up and running. Wouldn't be any where close to an "A" in my book. Too bad. The best warranty is one you don't have to use. Hope it works out for you. CL
You didn't miss anything CL. I had an old broken scope laying around and found it was still under warranty so I sent it in for repairs. Bushnell CS sent me a replacement since it was too old to be repaired.
The replacement was the same model but not in the same optic range as the one it replaced so I called them and they up graded trade to equal what I originally had sent in.
Yeah I will have to get a different pair of rings and maybe a base but it will also make good trade goods should I decide to not mount it.
Yeah the best warranty is one you don't have to use but when you have one and they replace a $150 scope with a $360 scope I would say it was a win win situation.

cloverleaf":99335p63 said:

Leupold would be outta business if they worked like that :mrgreen:

Good to hear. I have a set of Bushnell Trophy binocs that the twist up eyecup came off on that need to get sent in. The customer service tech said send them in, no questions asked and we'll send out another pair.

I explained my only worry is if the new set has the same eyecup design, they will break too. The tech then went on to explain when he was in the service, they would fix their broken Ziess eyecups with a piece of bicycle inner tube rolled back on itself and ziptied in place. I think I'll try the new binocs and see how they do first. If they break too, I likely will just try the inner tube trick or order some rubber rollback style eye cups online for about $10. Optically, the Trophies are much nicer than the old compact Bausch and Lombs they replaced.

Back