Burris scope

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
Just bought a Burris Fullfield E1 3 X 9 X 50 scope for the 35 Whelen. We'll see how it works out soon.
It's replacing an older Bushnell that isn't so good in dim light conditions.

Don

DON":3mxi6vex said:
Just bought a Burris Fullfield E1 3 X 9 X 50 scope for the 35 Whelen. We'll see how it works out soon.
It's replacing an older Bushnell that isn't so good in dim light conditions.

Don

Don, I like the Burris Fullfield II 3x9’s ALOT. With their Ballistic Plex they are very rugged set it and forget it sorta scopes and they are very clear to my eyes. Plus, you cannot beat the price on them either. I’ve got a few of them and like them a lot.

I'm a true believer in Burris scopes(even more since they bought Steiner) The stuff that comes out of Greeley are impressive. I have FFII's on both my 300 WSMs and the Ballistic Plex stadia are excellent with the right load, once you have the dope. Shoot a ladder at 100, measure and match to the drop of your dope.

I have this on my 338 M70.
One of the only 3-9X40 scopes I have ever liked.

Attachments

• KIMG0097.jpeg
    KIMG0097.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 3,712
We grew up with Leupold out here in the PNW, but I now have some Burris scopes and certainly have had no issues with them.
Lots and lots of wet weather during hunting season here so they get tested in some rough conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the E1 on my 30-06 and really like the difference in quality from the previous scope. So having some gift cards from my Birthday thought I'd get another one for the Whelen.
It should prove to be a good change after its installed. 8)

Don

Got the Whelen back from the Smith. The Burris E1 Scope looks real good. Anxious to get to the range to get it on paper now. 8)

Don

Alderman":1ytswq3q said:
We grew up with Leupold out here in the PNW, but I now have some Burris scopes and certainly have had no issues with them.
Lots and lots of wet weather during hunting season here so they get tested in some rough conditions.

I too was raised in a Leupold house. Still use some of their older stuff but phasing our the newer stuff I’ve purchased.

Giving the Fullfield II scopes a real look. Having a hard time getting regular duplex reticle scopes is my only complaint so far. Thinking I may have to give the Ballistic plex a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alderman":2xgeeugs said:

I too was raised in a Leupold house. Still use some of their older stuff but phasing our the newer stuff I’ve purchased.

Giving the Fullfield II scopes a real look. Having a hard time getting regular duplex reticle scopes is my only complaint so far. Thinking I may have to give the Ballistic plex a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Ballistic Plex and find it great to use, I'm sure you'll end up liking it. The new FF IV scopes and Signature HD are very interesting, hope they hit the market soon.

Back