Spot Shot - Wi-Fi scope camera

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
I was looking at possibly getting a phone scope and the eyepiece attachment, and the camera attachment for my phone so that I could use my spotting scope to take pictures on my phone and video's of animals and such at long range. I have my cell phone in a case to protect it and I found that every time I would want to use the spotting scope in this fashion to take a picture, I would first have to remove my phone from it's case. Now if I ever changed phones it would also mean getting the new phone attachment to fit my new phone as they all are so different in dimensions. If I ever wanted to change spotting scopes, or use what I had on a buddies spotting scope, that also meant that the spotting scope attachment would also have to be changed and a new piece purchased. Then I found this and the guy at Sportsmans Warehouse turned me on to the Spot Shot.

The Spot Shot will work on all or just about each and every spotting scope made. It is extremely adjustable to fit on your particular spotting scope. That's it attach the Spot Shot and turn it on. Get the Wi-Fi for the Spot Shot a a download on your phone. Simple to do. Turn the Spot Shot on and link your phone to the new Wi-Fi and you are ready to take pictures. I mounted the Spot Shot on my Leupold Gold Ring 15-30x-50mm spotting scope and took these pictures off of my deck that follow.

My spotting scope with the Spot Shot attached.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... potter.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... camera.jpg

Deer at about 50 yards off my deck. Spotter set at 15x. Flowers are at about 40 yards.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... d_down.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... s_pics.jpg

Very neat, David. I can definitely see how that could be beneficial.

The pics won't be as good of quality as what Guy takes with his camera and a large lens but still should be pretty good. Maybe I can get out the next couple days and take some really long pictures and see how it works.

Nice! I'm still trying to get phone skope to send me the right $hit, they are now 0 for 2. Got the phone case and optic kit to begin with and they sent me the wrong adapter for the phone case. Never did check the optic adapter at the time because I didn't get that far since the adapter for the phone case was wrong. So, they send me the right phone case adapter and I thought all was well until I tried the optic adapter to my B&L spotting scope, only to find out it's to small to go over the spotting scope. Even though I specifically asked if it would work for my spotting scope before I ordered it and they assured me that it would work. So now I'm trying to get ahold of them again to figure out what route they want to go. This has been an ongoing deal for 2 weeks now. Needless to say, I am not at all impressed with their attention to detail for a paying customer. Not happy and probably wont be buying anything from them ever again...For all the hassle and wait time I've had to deal with, they should send me a bluetooth shutter button on them...

Hope they get you squared away. Could send it back and get this set up. I found it today at Midway USA I think it was $74.00.

David,

That looks pretty good! And the price point is reasonable.

JD338

Yes Jim it’s not bad. The phone scope attachment for your spotting scope and your phone together are about the same price when combined. And if you change phones and or spotting scopes you have to get new attachment pieces. Not that way with Spot Shot.

Another thing is your wife kids hunting buddies could all get this free Spot Shot app downloaded on their phones. If they were with you in the field they too could connect to the WiFi signal and everyone present would have the images from the spotting scope and Spot Shot. No sharing the spotting scope. They could take pictures or video same as you.

I also tried this I walked 82 yards away from the spotting scope before I started to lose the WiFi signal. I was able to take a picture of me with my phone in my hands at 82 yards Also on the phone scope you add inmovements in the image when you reach up and touch your phone to take a picture or video. Not so with Spot Shot.

It's best to put the 3 second timer on your phone camera when using the phone skope so you dont get the blurry photo. That or get the bluetooth shutter option they have for an extra $40. My cousin has used his phone skope for the last 5 years or so and has videoed a lot of animals and used it for scouting/spotting as well. They work really well, what got me to go that route. So an update on my situation with phone skope. They got back to me this morning and will be sending their universal optic adapter at no charge. Hopefully this will be the last and final time I need to use their customer service. But I am glad they are doing me right, which I appreciate. I wont speak badly of their product or customer service if everything goes right. I realize mistakes happen, we are all human, but 3 is a bit much IMO. As long as they take care of the customer in the end, that's all one can really ask for.

Back