Scope review opinions?

Fotis,

I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for, or why (it would help me focus my response), but the general format seems easy to follow, and concise. The tests used seem reasonable and the flow of the video in general seemed logical.

What I did not like was the amount of profanity. I know it's a matter of style, as the presenter has a certain personality (many thousands of people apparently aren't bothered by it). This is fine if you are okay with it and, yes, I know I'm a hypocrite.

Administratively, I understand that YouTube suggests videos that are a minimum of 10 minutes in length for maximum viewership (read profitability). I'm certainly no expert, and I do not have a channel, but that is what I have been lead to understand.

I don't know if any of this helps, but, again, I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for.

KinleyWater":2la4slyp said:
Fotis,

The tests used seem reasonable.........

Basically the above. I know his tests are not the same as taking the scope, mounting it, and shooting at different ranges out to 1200 and back to test tracking. I just wonder if the scope would yield the same results as his if one did do that.

Fotis,
I have to be honest. I tried to watch this “review” but at the 1:50 mark I had enough and turned it off. I guess I have a hard time distinguishing objectivity from subjectivity and advertising vs. a hands on report / review of a product and its performance.
Guess I’m getting cranky and narrow-minded in my advanced years. LOL
Duane

Ahhh... Okay, so I think what you're asking is - "should I trust this review method?"

That changes things just a bit. Yes, the test did seem reasonable, however... Before I sank $300 on a scope, I would prefer if the individual reviewing took the opportunity to mount and fire. My concern would be as follows - nice scope, but if it doesn't keep zero, or fogs (I've got one that does that), etc. then it has limited utility for me.

So to be clear at the risk of being redundant - it is a good information video, with reasonable tests for an individual not shooting with it, but for a review I would invest money over - not without at least seeing that it could hold zero with a caliber comparable to what I am thinking of using it with.

Let me know if my understanding is off base.

I have seen a number of this guy's reviews and I'm not as fan. They aren't in depth at all but what I don't like is his use of sexual innuendo's and other unnecessary bad language. Big turn off. Wish I could be more positive but I can't.

I, for one, would like him to mount it the caliber specific range it's intended to be used.
Yeah, he sort of gives each scope somewhat of a torture test, but the real test is as you stated, Fotis.
Mount it, and shoot it with mild to heavy recoiling rifles, and see if there are defects that show up after that portion of testing.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

gerry":i3j9wo2n said:
I have seen a number of this guy's reviews and I'm not as fan. They aren't in depth at all but what I don't like is his use of sexual innuendo's and other unnecessary bad language. Big turn off. Wish I could be more positive but I can't.
He is still very immature personality wise.
His use of profanity only shows his lack of vocabulary, and stunted intelligence.
But, he hasn't been cut off by Youtube, so somebody likes him somewhere.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

His test is pretty crude at best. He really should use a weighted rail to run his tracking tests, The reticle was clearly moving while going thru the magnification range. A real tracking test should be done farther than 30 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree as stated before.

If you start introducing recoil into the equation stuff starts to change. Including return to zero and tracking correctly.

Back