Swapping scopes

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Most of my rifles I inherited from my father and I’ve pretty much used them as they came with the optics mounted on them.
It wasn’t until I retired that I started buying a few more guns and started mounting scopes.
I recently purchased a scope I wanted to try on my 6.5 Creedmoor so I removed the old scope from the rings only to discover the new one wasn’t going to fit.
I remounted the old scope and then decided to try a set of new rings with the new scope so removed the old scope still mounted in the rings.
The new scope and rings didn’t work out so I put the old scope back on the rifle.
I am curious to see how much of a point of impact shift I will have.
Hopefully will get a chance to try it at the range this afternoon.
Really don’t know what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have taken the scope and rings off of a couple rifles that I have mounted on a picatinny rail , and put it back on with little change . I'd guess if I removed the rings it would have been a whole lot worse . it looks like things turned out well for you .

I have the same experience as Jim. The rail makes a great base. I use a 1x6 on my 45/70 for deer, and a red dot for black bear. Switch them back and forth, no trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back