Vortex Razor 3x15x42 HD LHT

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I just got this scope and I want to tell you about it.

After playing with it a while I can say that this scope is truly remarkable. It is relatively light. Mine weighs in at 19 ounces. The 3x15 power range is about perfect for all my hunting applications.
Glass clarity is awesome, being an HD and edge to edge clarity is phenomenal. I do like the HSR-5i (MOA) Reticle and the 30mm tube give 80 MOA of play.
Remember this is from the Razor line up (made in Japan) which is vortex's top of the line. Vipers etc need not apply! The reticle (dot) is illuminated with 10 settings. Holding the button on the side parallax housing more than 4 seconds turns same on/off. Chromatic aberration is great also. It does come with a zero (and 1.25 MOA below) stop which is removable.

Now I have not stretched its leg but a buddy has on his 300 RUM with 200 Accubonds. From 200 to 1232 yards it has been dead nuts on every time and return to zero is spot on every time. He is over 600 shots into it range and hunting time. It is not an inexpensive scope at 1K (can be found for less) but it is a badazz.

Here are the specs on it.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-razor-h ... icle=18351

With all these Leupold failures we here about it is nice to have a comparable scope (price/weight) that is a beast.

That is the scope I was going to get when I went with the vx5. The LHT was out of stock everywhere at the time. It does appear to be very well rounded optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot a few Razors a few years back. I was quite favourably impressed with the quality of the scope. The price compared very well against the higher end European scopes. I considered that Vortex had a winner in that particular scope.

I have many FFP scopes and I like them. Sometimes though, pending on make, that reticle gets so big it can obstruct your aiming point.

On my 375 BAS I opted for the NF ATACR 5.5x25 in Second Focal Plane

FOTIS":1r5x7z27 said:
I have many FFP scopes and I like them. Sometimes though, pending on make, that reticle gets so big it can obstruct your aiming point.

On my 375 BAS I opted for the NF ATACR 5.5x25 in Second Focal Plane

Totally understand that! I just use bigger aiming points :lol:

I haven't been a big Vortex fan boy, but that scope is getting close to looking pretty good, especially if it works like it is supposed to. It has a bunch of features I like.

I learned a long time ago.
The Vortex line for me (as a serious dependable scope) starts at the PST Gen 2. I know...big heavy etc. but does well. I have a couple .

As a top of the line is the Razor line. No questions about this.

Fortis-

Still liking the razor LHT? I’m thinking about picking one up for the Seekins havak 6.5 PRC.

I went ahead and got that razor LHT. it’s a better fit on the havak 6.5 PRC. It’s a solid 12 ounces lighter than the 5-25 PST GII I originally had on it.

a570b08a61728ace9b3d8d065d2fed00.jpg

Thebear_78":384nfdod said:
I went ahead and got that razor LHT. it’s a better fit on the havak 6.5 PRC. It’s a solid 12 ounces lighter than the 5-25 PST GII I originally had on it.

a570b08a61728ace9b3d8d065d2fed00.jpg

Let us know how it does for you!

I looked thru the one Fotis had. Pretty nice optic.

I’ll be watching once you put it through it’s paces.

SJB358":1sa4lyxy said:

I am up to 3 now Scott!

FOTIS":38vbij4x said:
SJB358":38vbij4x said:

I am up to 3 now Scott!

Darn, you’re not messing around.

Have you shot them out long Fotis?

Not yet .........-10 DEGREES And gale force winds. but!

others I know have and they are SWFA reliable.

A buddy at home just grabbed one for a 30 Nosler build.

I’ve only seen the one Fotis had, but after handling it a bit I’d give one a try. At 3-15x I’d be okay with the SFP probably.

Back