Scope my .25-06

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
I like the opinion posts for “scope my ______” so here goes:

My rifle is a Remington 700 which has been glassbedded and has had a trigger job.

It’s primary use is coyotes and deer, with antelope on the list if I’m ever lucky enough to draw.

I bounce around between 100-120 grain bullets as I’m able to find them. I typically use the 100 grain Sierra Gamekings and 115 grain Nosler BTs. I try to get between 3000-3200 fps depending on which bullet I use.

I would like something at least 4-12 if not 16-18 on the top end. I have 1” PRW rings on Weaver bases but can buy 30mm if need be. Not a pic rail fan. They’re fine on target guns but to me look obtuse on hunting rifles.

Traditionally I’m a set and forget guy with a duplex reticle but on this one I’m looking at doing dials and some sort of BDC or dots/hash marks reticle.

I like Leupold, Vortex and Burris but am willing to try others if price and reputation are decent. My budget is about four and a half maybe five bills.

And go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several Vortex Viper HS and HST , and I feel they are a great value. They hold zero and dial up and back down every time. They are surviving on my 416 & 460 WBYs and that should say something.

Price range?

If you can afford it ....Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x40. I have 3 now.
iF NOT swfa 3X15X42MM

If you're dialing stay away from leupold unless you spend 2K.

FOTIS":1fizo13o said:
Price range?

If you can afford it ....Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x40. I have 3 now.
iF NOT swfa 3X15X42MM

If you're dialing stay away from leupold unless you spend 2K.
I’m on a pretty tight budget $450-500 is all I have to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with leupold and the tri moa reticle on vx freedom line. Easily making hits at 300 yards with 9.3x62. There are so many good scopes in your price range, so you should be good to go [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You could probably still find someone with a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40 in stock, there is the Burris Signature HD 3-15x44, Meopta Optika5 3-15x44 but I haven't ever looked through one.

+1 on the Meopta scope. It is a great option and won't leave you wanting more. I know you already have 1 ich rings but I think the Optika6 3-18x50 FFP would be right up your ally and let you wring all the accuracy possible out of that 25-06. I love mine on a .204 Ruger!

Cameraland sells the Meopta 4.5x14-40mm HTR for 500 bucks shipped. I have a few of them and like them a lot for rifles I want a 1” scope with a longer tube on.

Here I'll solve two problems with one shot.

110 gr. Nosler Accubonds as the bullet.

4.5-14x40mm Leupold VX3 with the B&C reticle. Is simple and fast to use. It really works. I love the B&C reticle in this very same scope. Good luck which ever way you go. I'd go 1" tube.

6x42mm Leupold would also be a very good scope for your use. If you know what you load is going to be you also could have Leupold put a custom dot reticle good 300 - 400 - 500 yards. It's the duplex reticle with dots below the cross hair intersection at appropriate locations. I really like the 6x36 or 6x42mm. 1" tube also on these.

I own three of the Vortex Viper HSLR scopes that I like a lot (1 with FFP & 2 with SFP). That said I'm looking to mount a Leupold VX-3HD 2.5-8X36 CDS-ZL DUPLEX on a 257 Ackley. I just feel that this will be the right scope for this rifle. I have four of the older Vari-X III 2.5-8X36 that have been great scopes.

6mm Remington":3cd0qweu said:

110 gr. Noser Accubonds as the bullet.

4.5-14x40mm Leupold VX3 with the B&C reticle. Is simple and fast to use. It really works. I love the B&C reticle in this very same scope. Good luck which ever way you go. I'd go 1" tube.

6x42mm Leupold would also be a very good scope for your use. If you know what you load is going to be you also could have Leupold put a custom dot reticle good 300 - 400 - 500 yards. It's the duplex reticle with dots below the cross hair intersection at appropriate locations. I really like the 6x36 or 6x42mm. 1" tube also on these.

Has Leupold opened their custom shop back up David? Last I knew they haven’t been taking orders.

6mm Remington":1niv255c said:

110 gr. Nosler Accubonds as the bullet.

This... More accurately any of these options. I know several "flatlanders" who run a straight 6x Leupold. If you arent "dialing" I doubt you can do better for the money.
+1 on the B&C reticle or other custom retical. I have sent several to the custom shop (years ago though). All good experiences, w/ knowledgeable people who helped w/ my ideas/ decisions. CL

+2 for the Meopta. The Optiak5 and MeoPro are really only different cosmetically and both excellent scopes, I have both. For your 25-06, I would consider the Optika5 4-20 ZPlus Reticle. If you want a 30mm tube, the Optika6 will not disappoint. A 3-18x50 or 4.5-27x50. You can choose between FFP and SFP, depending on if you want to set it and forget it or turn knobs? Meopta scopes can be difficult to find because of their quality and price, guys find them, and then they are snapped up. I have been waiting 3 months for another Optika6 1-6x24 Kdot RD reticle. It is a great competition/pig/predator scope. Meopta is known for the glass they make and the low light performance, you definitely will not be disappointed. I have 2 buddies who after borrowing my Meopta binos now are proud MeoStar B1 owner,1 guy got a 10 and 12X pair. A lot of choices out there, find what will work best for your needs.

That’s a fact. Love my Meostars. I’ve got both the 10x42 and 8x32’s. Love em.

hi i live in new zealand have a 2506 in sauer 202 rifle i have been using 4-12 karles multi zero scope with great results and will try my new sig sauer 4-14 bdx combo super easy to use (y)

Back