Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 AHMR2 FFP IR MIL

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I just received mine. Looks very robust. Clicks on the turrets are tactile and audible. Looks like a well built product but we will see. It will go in my Sako 85 (another challenge with the ejection issues), but this 7mm rem mag is infact very accurate.

Some guys over at 24 hour campfire have had very positive input about them . If it goes well for me I will advise. A lot of scope for 439.00

https://cameralandny.com/shop/athlon-op ... on=2891674

Spill your guts when you give it a run. With the lack of options lately, I ordered one too.

Mine will go on the Tikka 6 Creed so I can move the SWFA 3-9 to the 7 Mag (bear season opens Aug. 1 here).

I’ll post my review if you post yours.

This one definitely dots a lot of i’s. A buddy has one coming as well. It’ll be cool to see how it hangs in there with other scopes like the SS 3x9.

It takes a lot for me to divert from SWFA and NF…. but there isn’t much option now. I’ve also been around long enough, and have broken enough optics, to know who to listen to when it comes to wares that work.

I figure it’ll run well on the 6mm Tikkmore. I’ll probably mount it on the .22lr and dial the crap out of it for an afternoon, just to see if it retains zero, tracks, and returns to zero. Couple hundred rounds of dialed-up rimfire is a pretty good test of an optic.

Mine should be here this weekend, hopefully we’ll get a chance to run it.

It’ll be cool to see it work. It’s a lot of scope for the money. I spoke with Doug at CL a bit today about Athlon. While they’re Chinese made, the money made does mostly stay in America with an American company. I’d probably give one a whirl if they hold up.

I have several Athlons and they are a good bang for the buck. Now having said that I did break 1 (Midas BTR) , their customer service is outstanding. They replaced it with a newer model.

As soon as I get over this covid crap 14 days into it.

FOTIS":3acvml9n said:
As soon as I get over this covid crap 14 days into it.
Hope you get well soon.

Songdog":3acvml9n said:
RL….. the one you broke was on a big boomer though, yeah?
Yep on my 458 Win Mag. I’ve played musical scopes lately. The Athlon replacement is back on the 7-08 , the Crimson Trace went from the 300 WBY to the 458 Win Mag and a Vortex Viper HS is on the 300 WBY. All’s well for now.

Thank you fellas. Bad bad cough and no energy

Back