Maven Optics

YES!

Over the last four days, our guide used his Maven spotting scope quite often and effectively. When I took a look through it, I was impressed. To me, the image quality is every bit as good as more expensive scopes. That was my first experience with any Maven scope. I have to admit that I went on their website last night to learn more.

Regards, Guy

Yes I have an rs2 on my 240 weatherby great scope very clear tracks well. Killed an antelope little bit 318 this year. They also do military and law enforcement discount.

FOTIS":1gtv0v1m said:
Yes I have an rs2 on my 240 weatherby great scope very clear tracks well. Killed an antelope little bit 318 this year. They also do military and law enforcement discount.

It ain't a bad discount either!

Fotis,
How do these compare to a leupold vx-3hd would you say? I see you have one mounted on your wby Ti backcountry. I am trying to decide what to put on my 264 and have l limited myself to a 1" tube and less then 50mm obj

Fotis,
How do these compare to a leupold vx-3hd would you say? I see you have one mounted on your wby Ti backcountry. I am trying to decide what to put on my 264 and have l limited myself to a 1" tube and less then 50mm obj
Slim,
I stopped by Fotis' a couple weeks ago and he showed me a Maven. It made a believer out of me. Just as clear as a VX-3HD and a lot less. They are made in Wyoming.
Very nice scope!

JD338

You will love it
not the exact one I wanted but the only scope current made that will work with my rings(I hope) the bolt handle hits the eyepiece on the swaro and vx-3hd, so figured I would give them a try before I buy new rings or modify my bolt handle

What's your experience been with the eye relief on the rs2? I have a VX3HD 3.5-10. Eye relief is similar to my older Leupolds, which means it is very good.

Interested in the Maven, however eye relief is something I've seen come up in comments. Specs aside, what is your experience?

From specs, it looks like the eye box on the lowest power and the highest power comes in at less than 1 inch front to back. With relief being 2.3 inches at one end of the box and 3.1 inches at the other end of the eye box. The eye box at low power or high power is basically the same per the specs.

What's your experience been with the eye relief on the rs2? I have a VX3HD 3.5-10. Eye relief is similar to my older Leupolds, which means it is very good.

Interested in the Maven, however eye relief is something I've seen come up in comments. Specs aside, what is your experience?

From specs, it looks like the eye box on the lowest power and the highest power comes in at less than 1 inch front to back. With relief being 2.3 inches at one end of the box and 3.1 inches at the other end of the eye box. The eye box at low power or high power is basically the same per the specs.
I will say the eye relief is lacking, but manageable. I have it mounted on a long action with no rail, so short action and or a rail would probably make it less noticeable.
Overall i do like the scope

Eye relief is one of the important things I look for in a scope. Having a large pile of magnum rifles , a good scope with a lot relief is a must.

We use their 11x45 binoculars and range finders. We love them!
Customer service and warranty work is excellent.
I had a mishap with my binos that was my fault and planned on paying for repairs and they wouldn’t let me.
Their new facility is being built in Lander, and should be open soon.
There aren’t but a handful of companies who I always promote, but Maven is definitely one of them.

Back