Pay It Forward

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
OK Guys and Gals.

Back by popular demand! Pay it forward.

This section is to be utilized by individuals who want to donate their superfluous items to other board members. Post what you have and the first "I'll take it" takes it.

Now in order to prevent this thread from reaching Ginormous proportions, post the items as gone for housekeeping purposes.

Enjoy and I thank all in advance to all who part take in this.

I'm not sure if this will be of use to anyone, but I have a CH Tool and Die reloading press. Let me know if you'd like it. The pin that holds the priming arm is missing, but otherwise it looks functional, if a bit rough. It's a little heavy, so I'll ask for $5 shipping and I'll cover the rest.

press is gone

I also have a Leupold Vari-X II scope box that I have no use for. Before it hits the trash, I thought I'd see if someone could use it. I believe the price written on the box says $95.35, so that may give you some idea of its vintage.

scope box is gone.

Mountain Goat":3qb6s6m9 said:
I'll take the Leupold box.

I have a set of Lachmiller dies for 30-06 that are in decent shape. They are in a RCBS box though. :)

MG, pm sent.

Remington Model 700 long action J-lock firing pin assembly.

I just replaced one on a 700 CDL in 30-06 with a Midway Callahan LA firing pin assembly. The J-lock bolt shroud is a piece of garbage that needs to be thrown away, but maybe someone here might want to part it out for the spring and the firing pin. I just thought I would throw it out there in case someone is interested and is a gunsmith kind of guy possibly or know someone who needs one. Let me know guys. This rifle I doubt very much had 20 rounds through it so the assembly is essentially brand new.
David

Well, I started cleaning up and found a box of bullets I don't need. I've got a full box of Barnes TSX 200gr flat-based .308cal bullets. Here's the info from Barnes:

Cal Weight Type SD BC Part#
.308" 200 gr TSX FB .301 .423 30848*

The little asterisk after the part number denotes a 1:10 twist or faster required to shoot these. I picked them up apparently with the idea of running them through the 300Wby, but I'm sticking with 180gr for that. I'll send them out to whomever wants them.

I'll be sorting through next week and seeing if theres' anything else I don't need/want, as well. Might have some dies or some bullets, or some brass. Might need to sell some dies to fund a replacement set of dies, but we'll see.

Hunter, PM me your address. I'll try to get these in the mail late this week. I'm heading out tomorrow for Chicago if I can get my back to behave enough to let me sit down for more than a minute or two.

To send to a good home.
Arizona Bullet Company .257 120 gr. soft points
Sierra .257 87 gr. Spitzer
Sierra .257 90 gr. Hollow Point B.T.
Hornady 6mm 75gr. Hollow Point

PayitForward001.jpg

PayitForward003.jpg

PayitForward002.jpg

Might not hurt to run them in a tumbler to polish and clean them up. They have sat in boxes for a long time. PM me if you want them, or any of them with name and address.

Corbin9191 has layed claim to these items as he spoke up first. Thanks guys.
David

Remington Model 700 L/A J-lock firing pin, spring, and bolt shroud. Someone wants it for parts possibly, or maybe you "even" want the J-lock for a replacement. I do not believe it fired over 20-40 rounds maximum.

J-lockRemington700003.jpg

David

I have Leupold DD Reverse Front bases for a Remington 700 (should also work on Howa 1500 and Weatherby Vanguard) with medium rings in matte up for grabs.

Kurt, those bases will work on an Mark V Bee also, only difference is shorter back mount screws but are the same otherwise.

-I have nearly 1-1/2 boxes of Winchester White Box, 230 FMJ, .45 Auto ammo (70 rounds)
-Plus, (2) boxes of (20 each) Federal Gold Dot 200 gr HP Premium, 45 Auto (1080 fps) ammo.
-Plus, 1 box (100) Hornady XTP, 230 grain HP, .45 ACP bullets in Hornady box.

All factory fresh and in my garage. Somebody wants to help pay UPS, I would appreciate it but I want to get rid of this stuff.

After losing $500 on my Kimber Custom Shop Ultra Eclipse II, .45 ACP, I am convinced me that I can't afford a 1911 pistol, certainly not a Kimber made in New Yawk, at any rate! That was the second expensive Kimber that never broke in and went bad and crashed for reliability on me and as an engineer, I find that insulting to the customer! Zero Quality Control and zero Final Inspection on two $1000+ pistols!

P.S. I also have a fresh set (never used) of Lee 2-die set of FL forming and seating dies for the .243 Winchester, free to good home. Let me know.

Oldtrader3":2vbc271c said:
-I have nearly 1-1/2 boxes of Winchester White Box, 230 FMJ, .45 Auto ammo (70 rounds)
-Plus, (2) boxes of (20 each) Federal Gold Dot 200 gr HP Premium, 45 Auto (1080 fps) ammo.
-Plus, 1 box (100) Hornady XTP, 230 grain HP, .45 ACP bullets in Hornady box.

All factory fresh and in my garage. Somebody wants to help pay UPS, I would appreciate it but I want to get rid of this stuff.

After losing $500 on my Kimber Custom Shop Ultra Eclipse II, .45 ACP, I am convinced me that I can't afford a 1911 pistol, certainly not a Kimber made in New Yawk, at any rate! That was the second expensive Kimber that never broke in and went bad and crashed for reliability on me and as an engineer, I find that insulting to the customer! Zero Quality Control and zero Final Inspection on two $1000+ pistols!

I'll take it. PM sent.

Sold to Jake, except the dies. If somebody wants a set of new Lee .243 Win FL dies never mounted, let me know and i will send them free.

I have 6 once-fired (Remington) .300 RUM cases I will mail to someone. Sized, not primed.

Jim

Back