Nosler Homepage Shop Nosler Search Nosler Talk Loading & Reloading Nosler Load Data
Nosler Homepage Shop Nosler Search Nosler Talk Loading & Reloading Nosler Load Data
Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:49 am

• Custom Rifle Sale Ad
  • Shooters Pro Shop
  • Nosler Ballistics 2.0

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Knight Inline Muzzleloaders
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:12 am 

I am thinking about getting an inline muzzleloader to extend my deer season. Rifle season here in NE is just one week and I would like to be able to hunt longer. When I lived in PA, they had a Primitive Muzzleloader deer season after Christmas that was fun. However they required flintlock and primitive sights at the time. I still have my T/C Firestorm in case I return to PA some time for a hunt. I really hate the unreliability of the flintlock. I also want to have a rifle capable of 200 yards with dead right there accuracy.

Looking to step into the 21st century of ML rifles, I have been looking at the Knight Mountaineer. any feedback on Knight Inlines would be appreciated.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Knight Inline Muzzleloaders
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:27 am 

Don't have a Knight, but my Traditions Vortek Ultralight has been plenty good without breaking the bank. I think I paid ~$300 for it several years ago from Sportsman's Guide. 28" barrel with Cerakote. I shoot 110gr of Goex Ffg with 250gr Traditions Smackdown/Hornady SST bullet usually. This year I'm trying out the 240gr Harvester PT Gold bullet, one buck on the ground already. It shoots to just about the same POI as the Traditions bullet. I can shoot either of those bullets into 1.5" or less at 100 yards all day long, and often 1" or less.

My buddy has the CVA Optima V2 and likes it very much. Shoots about the same as mine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:58 am 

If you area veteran Knight is having a 40% off sale this weekend. Check out their site.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:48 pm 

Thanks Lefty, I am a Veteran and have a VA card, along with life membership in the DAV. I'll check it out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:24 pm 

I had a Knight MK-85 in the 1990's and was considered the best out there at the time, and I loved it! That said I gave it to my brother to use,only he never used it..... other then to sell it and never see it again!

“It is not by muscle, speed, or physical dexterity that great things are achieved, but by reflection, force of character, and judgment.”

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:43 am 

Did you pick one up?

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS, NoslerV, Nosler4