Knight Mountaineer

Jager1

Beginner
Sep 23, 2010
Merry Christmas to All,

I just received a new Knight Mountaineer for Christmas from my wife. I'll post a pic later on tonight after I'm done mounting a scope. Got to go later guys!

Jager1

Congratulations! That sounds like a truly thoughtful gift. I'd say your lady loves you.

Sorry for the delay guys but I have a new phone and I'm in the learning stage still.
I thought about giving a 45 cal. a try but it's a 50 cal. and a 50 will do it all!

Jager1

Attachments

• IMG_20131229_213052_393.jpg
    IMG_20131229_213052_393.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,791
Now only if it wasn't -15 below I would go see how she shoots! Was thinking on giving some 250gr. Thor bullets a try with a 110gr. charge of BH209

Jager1

That is a nice looking ML, congratulations.

JD338

Thanks guys, I like the fact it has the feel of a center fire bolt action. Anyone tried the Thor bullets?

Jager1

Hello again guys,
I had a chance to go to the range the other day to see what she'll do and the end result is it's the most accurate muzzleloader I've had to date. A three shot grouping that was virtually one hole! I was in total awe! Now let me tell you about the issues with this one hole wonder! I fired the 1st shot and it wouldn't go bang on the second shot. What the hay i say. After close examination it looked like the trigger was hitting the trigger guard so I removed the trigger guard and there is two bright marks where each side of the trigger is hitting. Ok I say to myself lets see if hammer falls with the trigger guard off. What do you know it works perfectly with no trigger guard. So I finish with my shooting session. Well at least I now know what the problem is. Off to Knight's website I go to send an email for some warranty help and after 2 days with no reply back. So I call them and they say to let them look into this and they'll call me back so I wait for about 3hrs and I then receive an email from Knight requesting I send the rifle to them to this address. What happen to the return phone call? Not knowing all the details about shipping a firearm I call them back to ask about the shipping details. So in the mean time I start thinking ok now I have to spend another $25 plus insurance shipping it back to them because their quality control failed on a premium price firearm
so I tell them the shipping should be on their dime and not mine and Knight's CSR rep said to let her talk to her supervisor and that she would call me back. Well still haven't heard back as of yet. Sorry if I'm complaining I had to vent but I do expect more for my money. It sure is a shooter though! Second shot what for it's muzzleloader anyways!

FYI I did check for a tight action screw first

Jager1

They have finally called back and said they were sending out a prepaid shipping label and the rifles is now on it's way back to the factory for repairs. Let's hope it comes back ready to hunt!

Jager1

I am glad you were able to get through to them. Yeah, sending an expensive rifle back on our dimes gets spendy, glad they did the right thing.

Let us know how it turns out. I am thinking of purchasing a Knight this spring, and i have heard of a similar situation with a 54 cal and it got shipped back not repaired.

Thanks

WM

Hello Gents,

Well guys here's what's going as of now. I shipped off a couple a weeks ago and they received the rifle.
A week went bye so I called to see if it arrived there or not and to ask about getting a full plastic jacket bolt and breech plug as well. They said that they haven't received it yet but when did they would call and let me know. Well two more days go bye then I get an email stating that the stock has been modified and as a result voids the warranty and they need a credit card number so that they can ship the gun back to me. OK now I'm upset so I call them to see what's up and wouldn't you know I can't get through to them all I can get is a answering machine stating they are now on off season hours. So I leave a message letting them know someone needs to call me. Well by the end of the day I get a return phone call from Knight and they say due to free floating the barrel that caused the trigger to bind in the stock and modifying the stock voided the warranty and I said really now we have a real problem because it's a brand new gun I received from my wife as a Christmas gift that went from the dealer's shelf to my house and to the range in the same box it came in from manufacturer in to start with. She says Sir you don't need to be upset and I said well I paid good money for product that failed their quality control and left the factory and all I'm asking for is to get what I paid for period! She said Sir we will work through this and either she or someone else would be contacting me. Well that was 5 days ago. No phone call back as of yet but no bad email either so I will take that as good news I hope! Maybe they are going to stand behind their product? I will keep you posted.

Jager1

Not a very promising start to rectifying a problem with their product.

Hello guys,
Just received my rifle back from from Knight today they did finally end up replacing the the stock after numerous phone calls and not settling for "NO" as an answer. The end result seems to be a rifle thats in working order.
Customer service did come through at the end but it should've been a no questions asked deal sense to even to a untrained eye this was a new rifle. I would highly recommend Knight's inner company to learn to call back when they say they're going to call you back and when they have bad news don't hide behind an email. Also when you're going to make product of this nature and sell it for what they are to stand behind their product no questions asked
they might end up back on top of the industry once again due to good old American pride and quality.

Regards,
Jager1

Back