Knight Inline Muzzleloaders

walkinhorseman

Beginner
Sep 28, 2010
I am thinking about getting an inline muzzleloader to extend my deer season. Rifle season here in NE is just one week and I would like to be able to hunt longer. When I lived in PA, they had a Primitive Muzzleloader deer season after Christmas that was fun. However they required flintlock and primitive sights at the time. I still have my T/C Firestorm in case I return to PA some time for a hunt. I really hate the unreliability of the flintlock. I also want to have a rifle capable of 200 yards with dead right there accuracy.

Looking to step into the 21st century of ML rifles, I have been looking at the Knight Mountaineer. any feedback on Knight Inlines would be appreciated.

Don't have a Knight, but my Traditions Vortek Ultralight has been plenty good without breaking the bank. I think I paid ~$300 for it several years ago from Sportsman's Guide. 28" barrel with Cerakote. I shoot 110gr of Goex Ffg with 250gr Traditions Smackdown/Hornady SST bullet usually. This year I'm trying out the 240gr Harvester PT Gold bullet, one buck on the ground already. It shoots to just about the same POI as the Traditions bullet. I can shoot either of those bullets into 1.5" or less at 100 yards all day long, and often 1" or less.

My buddy has the CVA Optima V2 and likes it very much. Shoots about the same as mine.

If you area veteran Knight is having a 40% off sale this weekend. Check out their site.

Thanks Lefty, I am a Veteran and have a VA card, along with life membership in the DAV. I'll check it out.

I had a Knight MK-85 in the 1990's and was considered the best out there at the time, and I loved it! That said I gave it to my brother to use,only he never used it..... other then to sell it and never see it again!

Thanks for asking Lefty. No, I didn't buy a Knight. I have a problem buying rifles that I haven't put my hands on in a store or on the range first. We have a Cabela's, Scheels, and Guns Unlimited here in Omaha and nobody stocks them.

In the process of my research on the Muzzleloading Forums, I found out that Cooper has an Inline Muzzleloader. I'm real fussy about triggers and general workmanship so I started looking at the Cooper 22ML. When I first got into this our local Scheels dealer had just sold the two that they had but had two more on the way. I went on the call list. Once I had one in my hands, I was hooked. I went through my gun cabinet and identified a couple candidates for potential sale and put them on Gunbroker. As luck would have it, those pieces moved in short order and I secured the Cooper 22ML.

I had a spare Zeiss 3x9x40 Conquest and some low Warnes laying around and they went on top. I got CCI209M and BH209 at Cabelas. The Parker 275 Ballistic Extremes just arrived here yesterday. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. That will have to wait until next week after the Mrs. goes back to work. I'm taking her to the range tomorrow for some fun. We are joining another couple there for a "Range Date". Both Ladies like to shoot and hunt.

Next week, after I get to shoot the Cooper, I'll pen a post with pictures and a writeup. Although we had a Thompson Encore 50x209, I'm on a steep learning curve with this front stuffer. I am excited about hunting with it in December. I have some public lands that I want to explore since regular rifle is past now and hunters in clown suits have left the woods.

There are several brands of in line muzzle loader on the market these days. They are very reliable and accurate.
With the right bullet, power and scope, you can set one up to shoot out to 300 yards.

JD338

Back