WV Heritage Season

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
WV has a new season this year called the Heritage season Jan. 10-13. Side locks cap or flint and long bows or re-curve only. Dragging out my flintlock .54 cal didn't get to go during the regular ML season. Any other hillbillies on her going? Dan.

WV has a 3 buck limit total whichever season you take them in bow, buck or muzzleloader. The heritage season did not increase the buck limit. If a hunter had filled all 3 tags it was does only. What it did do was give another chance to hunt. My nephew killed a 8 pt Saturday. He hadn't killed any deer all year but he took advantage of this added season. If you believe that WV should limit its buck kill tell it to the WVDNR. They have regional meetings on the seasons and there is a form every March placed on their website that can be printed out that will allow anyone to commit on the proposed season dates and limits. I encourage everyone to take the time to take part in this and let your voice be heard. Thanks, Dan.

wvbuckbuster":13yo7zsd said:
WV has a 3 buck limit total whichever season you take them in bow, buck or muzzleloader. The heritage season did not increase the buck limit. If a hunter had filled all 3 tags it was does only. What it did do was give another chance to hunt. My nephew killed a 8 pt Saturday. He hadn't killed any deer all year but he took advantage of this added season. If you believe that WV should limit its buck kill tell it to the WVDNR. They have regional meetings on the seasons and there is a form every March placed on their website that can be printed out that will allow anyone to commit on the proposed season dates and limits. I encourage everyone to take the time to take part in this and let your voice be heard. Thanks, Dan.
>>>> oh I have dan! I call the DNR frequently. Also, i'm also a follower of WV hunters for QDMA. It's all about 1 buck per season per hunter and point restrictions to allow bucks to mature as they have here in PA. The increase in number of hunting days IS great. with weather/work/etc it allows more days afield !!!

Back