Almost time to go Patched Round Ball for Iowa Deer.

1100 Remington Man

Handloader
May 1, 2007
I think I'm almost ready to go. Season opens October 12th but I will not be able to go till the 13th.
Can't wait to get in the woods again, and drift like smoke, I hope conditions will allow for some still hunting. If not I will be sitting on a Stand waiting patiently by a alfalfa field in the timber.
Well at least it's a plan, don't know if it's a good plan, the deer will decide that.
Rifle TC Rengade .54 shooting .530 round ball .018 patch 90gr by Volume Prydrex RS.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 1,585
Best of luck to you. Trust you connect with a fine specimen.

Sounds like a good plan to me and you are well prepared. Love the 54 round ball. Good hunting. Dan.

The dreaded hang fire been still hunting the woods today for the last 5 hours and came across this doe in its bed came up a hill and there she was a whole 25 yards away. Took my time for the shot as I was going to neck shoot her since she was so close. Pulled the trigger it went fiz started to look at it while lifting the muzzle. Thinking it might need another cap. It went BOOM shooting right over her. All this took less than 1 second. Bummer
I even took picture but it says file to big. She never new I was there till the gun miss fired

Well season is over, had shots every day at small does or fawns and only one 6 point buck but I wanted a little bigger Buck or adult doe.
Oh well time spent in the woods is always nice. Now it's on to Pheasants and Waterfowl. :)

Back