Does anyone have a CVA Optmia 2 PISTOL?

1Shot

Handloader
Dec 5, 2008
I have enjoyed deer hunting with a pistol for over 40 years at times. I started out with a WWII bring back Colt 1911A1 with 200 gr SWC pushed by 7 grs Unique. 50 yards and under self imposed shots to the rib cage, dead deer in shot order. I used a CVA Mountain Pistol 50 cal. to take a deer at 30 yards with 50 grs FFFG and a round ball and a 44 mag would not have killed any better. Have used various revolvers, T/C Contender in various calibers. Was watching YouTube and saw the CVA Optmia and new V2 version and thought that was right down my path. Was wondering what your impressions are and what loads are you shooting if you have one. I have looked everyplace I can think of and NOBODY has one in stock. I am on the notification list at one place for when they get them in.

Just for your information. I called CVA and after spending eternity on hold I got to talk to someone. They still make the Optmia V2 pistol but it is a dealer priority item. www.muzzleloader.com is THE dealer. CVA makes 1 or 2 runs of these pistols a year and usually ships to the dealer in the summer.

Back