Just a few days left to score some meat....

Darkhorse

Handloader
Mar 14, 2014
This is the first year since I turned 15 I haven't spent November in the woods. As it is I've only made one hunt so far and that was just a few days ago. I've still got a few days left and if possible I'll hunt every chance I get.
My problem is my health. For years I stayed in top physical condition. I ran nearly every day, lifted weights 3 times a week, and taught martial arts. Plus I was also a student as I had higher ranks to earn.
But now I'm 68 and the old body is letting me down. I have a deteriorating joint disease that's kept me out of the woods.
So it goes.
A surgery or two might get me back in the fray.
But in the meantime best of luck to all you who are hunting and may you get your best buck yet.
Darkhorse

Keep on getting up in the morning darkhorse. My dad is 71, back is a train wreck as in inoperable. Works nearly 7 days a week, feels the worst when he takes it easy. Hopes to fold up one of these days holding his shovel.

I hear ya on the hunting. We have a month left of subsistence deer hunting. I have been out a handful of times with one small doe my son shot and a small buck a friend took. Hope to get out once more.

Back