41 Magnum followed me home today...

They are cheaper and alot easier to find than the Marlins!
Took me 20 years to find mine! 12 years after I got my first Blackhawk. Had never even seen on til I found mine.
Like it a lot. Nice to have the rifle to pair with my 3 revolvers!
Really want to use it for a mountain lion hunt!

Ridgerunner665":34nrbafi said:
I'm struggling hard trying tell myself NOT to get a Henry lever action carbine in 41 mag.

Don't need it, but I sure do want one....

They're a little pricey though.
I struggle with the same thing! LOL

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

First thing I taught my wife when we got together and she asked why I needed more than one rifle, was;

What does need have to do with it?

Wanting one is enough! If you can afford it, why not? You are just going to spend the money on something, why not have something you want to show for it?

Was easy for her to understand, as I pointed out that she had more than one horse! LOL

True enough!

But I'm trying to save my pennies for a bigger boat, the little Jon boat is great for small water but I've been going to some of the bigger lakes and I'm really needing something with taller sides.... Them 40 foot yachts really make a wake.

I've made up my mind I'm not going to get the Henry, at least no time soon.

I'm fishing more than I'm hunting now anyway... But I still love shooting my guns.

I use sort of the same logic with my wife.
Whenever she wants a new purse, or pair of shoes, or new dress, I say that's why I want my rifles or handuns. She has a closet full of dresses, and pairs of shoes that would make Imelda Marcos jealous. LOL

After more research and shooting, I'm going to settle on 20.5 grains of Accurate 4100 under the 210 XTP.

I believe 21 grains is just a smidgen over the line... Accurate's load data is for the 210 Nosler bullet which I'm betting is a slightly shorter bullet than the Hornady bullet.

Haven't chrono'd 20.5 grains yet, but it should fall between 1,425 and 1,450 fps which is plenty fast enough.

Also gonna work some more with AA9 just to see what I find.

And work up some range practice rounds with Unique, Longshot, and Power Pistol.

Pretty good variety of powders can feed the 41....that's a good thing because I have a few I need to burn up [emoji846]

Ridgerunner665":3rewo9bq said:
After more research and shooting, I'm going to settle on 20.5 grains of Accurate 4100 under the 210 XTP.

I believe 21 grains is just a smidgen over the line... Accurate's load data is for the 210 Nosler bullet which I'm betting is a slightly shorter bullet than the Hornady bullet.

Haven't chrono'd 20.5 grains yet, but it should fall between 1,425 and 1,450 fps which is plenty fast enough.

Also gonna work some more with AA9 just to see what I find.

And work up some range practice rounds with Unique, Longshot, and Power Pistol.

Pretty good variety of powders can feed the 41....that's a good thing because I have a few I need to burn up [emoji846]
That's around the same speed I'm running mine.
It's good for me too, and plenty accurate.
Plus, will take care of anything I want to hunt as well.

Back