barrel lettering?

reloader7mm

Beginner
Feb 17, 2009
I just bought a used ruger super blackhawk hunter in 44 mag. Upon inspection i noticed the lettering on the barrel is on the bottom and there is a grind mark the looks like it was done with the barrel off. Just wondering if anyone has seen a ruger barrel with the lettering there? Thanks.

I have never seen that.
Can you post some pictures?

JD338

I have seen them off center but not on the bottom. Have you called ruger on this?

i bought it used and just got it yesterday so thought i would start here. I am working on pictures. Also the barrel seems to be a little offcenter. the ejector rod hits the cylinder when the cylinder is locked in place.

Looks like the barrel was removed and re-installed for some reason. Who knows why?

I'd contact Ruger.

I sent an email to Ruger to find out about the barrel. Maybe they can tell me more about it. It's not even a year old.

reloader7mm

That just doesn't seem right. Let us know what Ruger has to say.
Good luck buddy.

JD338

reloader7mm":3tczy61s said:
Nope my luck is all bad :?

No, what you mean is If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all. :mrgreen:

Good luck with Rugar.

JD338

I talked to ruger and was told they did put the lettering on the bottom of some barrels. They had no idea about the grind mark and the guy i bought it from doesn't return emails so "caveat emptor". I will just have to sure my depression with retail therapy on gunbroker. :wink: It shoots and maybe i can pass it on some day.

You might send it in to Ruger and let them go over it one time. After that, you might just like it a lot. And I bet they don't charge much for it, either. They can perhaps buff out the grind mark, and check the cylinder alignment, too. Never hurts to be sure.

And be sure to give the guy who sold it to you a bad review wherever you bought it.

Back