Concealed Carry

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
More and more states are allowing concealed carry. Many issue states, but not all, also honor CCW from other states. Here is a link that is quite informative. There is also a travel planner that allows you to plot your travel and gives you an idea of where you can carry.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry ... _maps.html

Just make sure you actually check and verify states that do not allow CCW to ensure you are compliant with that states laws.

JD338

I might also add to actually go to the states web site that you will be going through and actually read their laws. No two states seem to have the same laws as to where you can and can not carry a weapon. I know that in NC you can not carry your gun in a funeral procession. :roll: :lol:

Jim,
That site has alot of good info on CCW. I used it recently to help another forum member.

1shot,
Funeral procession? I think the person in the box could care less if you carry :lol:

I think all law abiding citizens that desire to should be able to carry anywhere they please.
New York City should be the same, in regards to concealed carry, as Spokane, Atlanta, or Phoenix. In short, equal opportunity for all to exercise their right to carry arms.

When I got mine here in Ohio I got the paperwork for Florida too because Georgia doesn't recognize Ohio and I wanted too be covered if I drive from Ohio to Florida.

1Shot":23m30db6 said:
I might also add to actually go to the states web site that you will be going through and actually read their laws. No two states seem to have the same laws as to where you can and can not carry a weapon. I know that in NC you can not carry your gun in a funeral procession. :roll: :lol:

I agree

If you are Law Enforcement or Military Pd,or retired with at least( 15 years of service for retirees) you can carry in all 50 states leagaly if you qualify once a year (HR 218)Law enforcement officers safety act of 2004.Lee

wvchevy3":ma5q1xrk said:
If you are Law Enforcement or Military Pd,or retired with at least( 15 years of service for retirees) you can carry in all 50 states leagaly if you qualify once a year (HR 218)Law enforcement officers safety act of 2004.Lee

Hmm......

Still waiting for this to come through

482558_10200642530685124_1910142506_n.jpg

What about Gun free zones or working for companies that are gun free zones?

I wish I had that option Lee. I mean we always have options but with 2 teenagers and college in the near future (in this market) choices are limited.

I understand, I have one in college now. And twin girls will be in 3 more years. From what I understand you can carry legally anywhere except where there are any local or county, state, Federal laws forbidding concealed or open carry

Fotis, interesting question. When I leave my house and go to my local range I pass by three schools. Technically if I was not a retired PO I'd be in violation. I spoke with our local sheriff's department and their comment was "It's all about intent". They realize there are a lot of mitigating factors and do not seemed very concerned.

CatskillCrawler":2s2fdkwe said:
I work for a gun free zone employer. The US Air Force. No personal firearms are permitted on base. /sigh

Funny huh CC? :roll:

CatskillCrawler":1m9uyms5 said:
I work for a gun free zone employer. The US Air Force. No personal firearms are permitted on base. /sigh

Since the administration has deemed that there is no terrorism on military bases (only workplace violence), there is no need of firearms. :evil:

Back