New Toy :)

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP that I got in a trade and some cash for a lever action I had. Some might bring up the fact that some EEA Witness in .45 and 10mm developed cracks in the slides when using +P ammo like 950fps and above in the .45 ACP. That has been pretty well taken care of by the gun maker in Italy by installing stronger springs.

I have already put a much stronger spring in this pistol and it can handle +P rounds but I prefer and like the 230gr FMJ at about 850fps. I will be trying Speer Lawman, CCI (brass not aluminum cases), Remington, Winchester, and Magtech, before I even begin to hand load. So far this pistol shoots really good. It is the most accurate .45 ACP I have owned to date. It really feels good and points so naturally, and this pistol has been a pleasant surprise indeed. When I finish testing different factory ammo I will let you all know how it does. Here are some pictures of the Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP.

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Doc, I was not sure how I would like this pistol, but is seems at this point to be a real shooter. Can't wait to finish my testing of factory ammo that is yet to come in so I can get to handloading. :)

Nice pistol Mike!

The 45 ACP is a great carry round. I am with you, 230 gr loads all the way.

JD338

Thanks JD, so far this EEA Witness .45 ACP is the most accurate .45 ACP I have ever owned. And it feels good in my hands and points so naturally. This has been a pleasant surprise indeed.

Very nice handgun. Back before they were called the EAA Witness I had an old Tanfoglio TZ-75 Series 88 in 9mm. I couldn't begin to count the number of rounds I put through that 9mm. It ran flawlessly and was the most accurate 9mm I have ever had.

A few years ago I almost bought a EAA Witness .45 ACP exactly like the one you have but in the end I couldn't locate extra magazines and didn't buy the gun. I needed a minimum of 2 extra magazines to carry on duty and EAA couldn't even tell me when I could expect delivery so I passed on the gun.

I have questioned that decision ever since.

Larry

Larry in SD":145ajlrr said:
Very nice handgun. Back before they were called the EAA Witness I had an old Tanfoglio TZ-75 Series 88 in 9mm. I couldn't begin to count the number of rounds I put through that 9mm. It ran flawlessly and was the most accurate 9mm I have ever had.

A few years ago I almost bought a EAA Witness .45 ACP exactly like the one you have but in the end I couldn't locate extra magazines and didn't buy the gun. I needed a minimum of 2 extra magazines to carry on duty and EAA couldn't even tell me when I could expect delivery so I passed on the gun.

I have questioned that decision ever since.

Larry

Larry, Midway carries them now :mrgreen:

Here is ten shots at 25yds standing free hand with Speer Lawman ammo. All the other ammo I mentioned is on order and and being shipped for me to try.

IMG_0463.jpg

Nice gun Mike. I had them in 9mm and now in 10mm. The slide cracks developed in the wonderfinish version. I do highly suggest this though.

http://www.sprinco.com/recoil.html

I have one and a 20 lbs spring. Should last forever.

Back