Good self defense shooting

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
READING, Pa. – A 65-year-old man shot one teenager dead and wounded another after they pushed him off his bicycle and tried to rob him in Pennsylvania, police said.

The man was cycling on a trail in Reading, Pa., shortly before 11:00 am local time Wednesday morning, when a group of teens pushed him off the bicycle and two of them assaulted him, investigators said.

The 65 year old then took out a handgun and shot them both, the Reading Eagle reported.

One of the teens -- a 16 year old from Reading -- was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:17 p.m. local time.

The second teenager was taken to the hospital but his condition was unknown, according to the newspaper.

Cops arrested a third boy at the scene and took him in for questioning. The 15 year old was later taken to a county youth center in nearby Bern Township where he was held on unspecified charges.

Police decided to release the 65 year old and charge the juvenile after consulting with District

Attorney John Adams, who attended the scene with forensic detectives, the Reading Eagle reported.

Authorities did not release his name or the names of the teenagers.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/26/pe ... z1kaUimYJC

Guy,

I read this during my morning news read. Do you suppose the three teens learned anything?

2 of them did...the third is toast! :mrgreen:

I couldnt agree more. We have raised way too many punks out of this generation. Kids have got no respect. The two may have a chance to learn some now, but the third will not. But I dont blame the old man in the least for doing what he was forced to. He did the right thing.

I say good for the 65 year old. Hope it sends a message to all of thier delinquint buddies in the area.

Just adding to the list of things that make me want to get a concealed carry license.

Too bad for the old guy in at least this respect. He had lived long enough to realize what a waste those punks had made of there lives. Hopefully a few other punks will learn the lesson. CL

I guess some have to learn the hard way. Glad the older man is ok.

JD338

Back