Sand rats beware....

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
After a painfully long 6 month wait....I finally got my form 4 back from the ATF today and took possession of my first suppressor! It's a .22 can rated up to .22mag so it will work on my .17hmr as well. I've got this pistol and a 10/22 and bolt action .22 rifle and the .17HMR barrels threaded up and ready to put the silent smack down on the ground squirrels this year! Too much fun.... :lol:

Not gonna lie...I feel like a bit of a bad ass holding this rig in my hand....

Very nice! That's going to be a fun one!

Ruger 22/45 with the AWC Archangel and light/laser combo
001.jpg

Man, those are just plain cool! 8)
I imagine you can hear the action cycle.

JD338

Ooohhhh, you don't know how close I've been to adding a light/laser combo to mine.....that picture is not helping me resist the force!

JD, yup, not silent by any means but pretty darn quiet! The nice thing about the pistol is that standard ammo comes out subsonic, out of mine at least, so it's nice and cheap to shoot! Not that subsonic ammo is expensive per say but it is quite a bit more than regular 22lr.

I fear that suppressed shooting may be as addictive as buying guns....I can already feel the urge rising to buy suppressors for other guns in the collection.....My wife is not going to be amused! :lol:

Back