Thinking on a S&W 629 Classic..

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I have a 5.5 Redhawk right now. Truth is I really like the S&W action.
Just do not something that will shoot loose.

Looking at a 629-6

I don't think you'll hurt a new S&W Fotis. Even the few times youve mentioned your loads for 300 grain bullet loads they didn't look extreme. The 629 is one smooth shooter.

Fell in love with this one Scott

pix783967001.jpg

FOTIS":1z0rwldg said:

pix783967001.jpg

I can see why Fotis. I would love a S&W 686.. Kind of a dream gun right now, but a 4" one would be nice to have when I have a backpack on.

That is a very nice pistol buddy. Congrats.

Nice looking S&W.....

I need a 4" 29 for my collection of N Frames...

some day soon......

Fotis,

That is one fine looking 629 Classic.

I love mine, had it for quite a few years and have never had a problem.
IMG_07931.jpg

JD338

Nice looking Model 29's! I have owned 2, a 4 inch and a six inch Model 29. They are really nice guns to own and to shoot.

I do not know.... Seller is asking 750.00

She is pretty but.................

SJB358":3v882x5l said:
FOTIS":3v882x5l said:

pix783967001.jpg

I can see why Fotis. I would love a S&W 686.. Kind of a dream gun right now, but a 4" one would be nice to have when I have a backpack on.

That is a very nice pistol buddy. Congrats.

I do have a 6" 357 mag in a 686 Scott. Love it!

I have one of the "original" 629 Classics from about 20 years ago. At the time they came with a smooth cylinder, full barrel lug and a factory trigger job.

It is a highly accurate pistol and shoots incredibly small groups at 100 yards with the Hornady 225gr FTX (LeveRevolution style) ammo. I have an older Burris mount and Leupold 1.5-4 scope on it and hope to someday get a deer with it. I saw its twin in 41 Magnum last weekend at Cabelas at a very good price and was soooo tempted to buy it.

Let us know what you decide!

Dr. Vette":pjik9zkj said:
I have one of the "original" 629 Classics from about 20 years ago. At the time they came with a smooth cylinder, full barrel lug and a factory trigger job.

It is a highly accurate pistol and shoots incredibly small groups at 100 yards with the Hornady 225gr FTX (LeveRevolution style) ammo. I have an older Burris mount and Leupold 1.5-4 scope on it and hope to someday get a deer with it. I saw its twin in 41 Magnum last weekend at Cabelas at a very good price and was soooo tempted to buy it.

Let us know what you decide!

I used to take my 629 along with a muzzle loader to deer hunt out back but never killed a deer with it until I just started using a handgun.
Now it all I take to fill tags. Longest kill is 77 yds.
Your 629 Classic is more than up to the task and with good sights/eyes, it is a 100 yd deer killer.

JD338

I am with Guy on the 5 inch 629. I have one of these and the balance is great. I am looking for a new holster for mine. Looking at 7X Holsters at the chest rig. Looks nice and appears to enable one to wear a backpack, chest binoculars and still a low slung, on the side handgun.

http://7xleather.com/chest_holster

I recently bought a Ruger Alaskan in 454. It is NIB, but after shooting the 5 inch 629 again over the weekend, I am wondering why the Alaskan. Seems with 5 inch barrel velocity with hot 44 mag 300 gr bullets nearly equals the 2 inch barrel 454. While I would not make a habit of the hot 44 mags in the S&W, occassioanlly it should be fine.

Guy Miner":g94gvc9o said:
IMG_3570.jpg

My favorite S&W, a 5" 629 Classic.

+1 Guy

I traded my heavy 7.5" Ruger SRH for a nice, sleek 5" model 629. The S&W holsters up nice, is much easier to carry and shoots great. The S&W is built strong enough to handle heavy hunting loads without a concern. The longer cylinder in the SRH can handle the HEAVIEST 44mag loads available but I don't shoot them anyway.

Good call Fotis.
That should do fine.
Autoloaders are fine but there's just something about a good wheel gun.
Dewey

Dang. Looking at this thread again, I want to head out now, at 2120, to the range, and hammer a hundred rounds of .44's downrange... :grin:

Absolutely love shooting a big-bore revolver.

Guy

Back