Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
I remedied the situation. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CZ 99 40 S&W.

Attachments

• pix737919815.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,269
Hope so Doc. Already got a 10mm so dies and bullets are on hand. Working on brass from GB right now.

Should be fun

I have 2 40's..... Sig's..... a 229 and a 239.

Gonna have to take a look at the CZ 99.... have considered a 75 in 40, but the Sig's side tracked me.

Enjoy!!!!! :)

I researched the gun plenty and I never had a bad CZ anything.

Congrats on your new acquisition. The CZs are excellent pistols which never receive the attention they should. I've been thinking about buying a 40S&W barrel for my Sigs. Why not? Just a barrel swap. Same magazine. No need to change recoil springs. I think I just talked myself into it!! :mrgreen:

Check out brassmanbrass.com for once fired. I believe a case of 1000 is going for 59 dollars.

Our department has a couple of dozen .40 cal Glocks and other than swapping out the recoil springs time to time, they need very little maintenance. The .40 is a good cartridge, with surprisingly brisk recoil in a lighter gun.

Years ago when the cartridge was new there were problems with some of the hotter 155 gr ammo - but since then the makers have strengthened the cases and I haven't seen a problem since. We use 180's anyway, but I was experimenting with the 155's and ended up avoiding them after a case burst on Federal factory ammo. That was likely ten years ago though.

Enjoy!

FOTIS":ewdqd3w6 said:
I take it you have a 357 sig?

Aye! I'm very enamored with it too.

P239_357Sig.jpg

P239_357Sig_versaMaxII.jpg

The 357 sig is what the 9mm should have been. That said I do have a 9mm in a sig 226

I bought a supply (250) Nosler 10mm, 150 grain Nosler bullets for my .40 S&W, just to have them.

Git the CZ 40 S&W in last night. Looks and feels great. Can't wait to shoot it

Fotis,

With your CZ all you need to do is a barrel swap, or a drop down conversion barrel and recoil spring change if going to 9mm, and you can shoot all three calibers in one gun. The magazines for the 357/40 will handle the 9mm with minor feed lip modification.
I have a buddy that has three or four CZ's and this is what he does. I can't recall ever seeing a magazine related malfunction in HIS pistols. If you want more info let me know and I'll try to get as much info as I can.

I would love to know where I can get a 357 sig barrel for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not know if they make such a thing for the CZ 99 though

Fotis,

Talk to EFK Firedragon. Their quality used to be good but I've heard they have gone downhill recently, I don't know.

I will do some research on this.

I did however found out that my Sig P226 9mm will accept 22 357 sig and 40 conversion kits.

Back