Good school shooting

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Looks like the coach did real well, shooting two teenage assailants.

http://news.yahoo.com/coach-shoots-teen ... 28385.html

DETROIT (AP) — A 70-year-old high school basketball coach shot and killed one teenager and wounded a second as they attempted to rob him outside the school, Detroit police said.

Ernest Robinson, an assistant girls' basketball coach at Martin Luther King Jr. High School, was accosted by two males Friday evening while walking two members of the girls' team outside King High, said Officer Cassandra Lewis, a police spokeswoman.

"They announced a robbery, a struggle ensued and he pulled a weapon and fired," said Lewis, who added that Robinson is a reserve police officer and licensed to carry a concealed pistol.

Michael Scott, a 16-year-old ninth-grader at the east side school, was shot and killed, according to Steve Wasko, a spokesman for Detroit Public Schools.

A 15-year-old male was wounded. His name was not released.

Detroit police homicide investigators submitted a warrant request this week to the Wayne County prosecutor's office. Prosecutors were reviewing the case Wednesday to determine whether to file charges, spokesman Mark Bernardi said.

Scott's mother has told reporters that her son did not have a gun.

"I lost my son and I want answers," Priscilla Scott said.

Seems to me that mommy Priscilla doesn't think it's fair that a 70 year old man used a gun to defend himself and the girls from a pair of attacking teenage thugs. Too bad.

Looks like a good shoot, from what we've got here. Congrats Coach, you did good.

Guy

I laughed when I read that the other day, Guy. I agree, from what is presented, it was a good shoot. I wouldn't think that thugs will be anxious to try to attack another elderly man.

This always the case, even with Trayvon Martin. The media shows a picture of a little boy and not the thug that he has become. Then the perp's mother's and father's start wailing about what a "good boy" their thug son was. This wailing coverup behavior is so prevalent that it has become a cartoonish parody of itself.

My oldest daughter had the living be-Jesus kicked out of her by six of these fat, thug, "good girls" at Venice HS in LA some years ago. I even had to have restorative dental work for her from where they stomped her face on the ground and kicked her teeth in. My daughter was a quiet 14 year old, friendly girl who was about 4'10 and 90 pounds. Each one of the thunder-thigh, thugs who beat my daughter was about 180 pounds of FA-thug-blubber and several years older. Venice High School of course did not punish the perps because of Liberal-Progressive-get-your-priorities-screwed-up, reverse racial discrimination against my daughter, who was white and middle class. This incident changed my daughter's personality forever, and not for the better, which I thought was a shame!

If more of that were to happen, we would see such incidents and the rates of such would drop like a rock.
Sounds like a good shot to me also. If it were not, I would think the AP story (which I don't think is telling all) would be much different. The too, it aint on the national media that I have seen. The mother's and maybe other's are putting pressure on, I suspect why it it going before the prosecuter for review.
If it even slightly smelled of a bad shooting, it would alll over the news.
Congrats to the the coach.
Be interesting if the full report comes out, but won't go reported if it clears the 70 yr old.

Sorry to hear that Charlie!

Another robbery attempt with a happy ending.

JD338

JD338":35zb6j7a said:
Another robbery attempt with a happy ending.

JD338

Bottom line is the girls are safe and the old man gets to live another day. Glad he did it, hope more of this takes place. Might instill a little thought into would be thugs.

Back