FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Just bought this one the other day. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PT-99
1DBu8GZ.jpg

1gzYuVB.jpg

Very handsome, Fotis. Mike is right to challenge your language; so many guns flow through your hands that it is impossible for the average guy to keep straight which one you own this week! :shock:

.280 Remington":1lvuz9wc said:
Sometimes?????? :grin: :grin:
You should open up a major sporting goods store with an indoor range. :mrgreen: Can never have enough toys.

How do you like it Fotis, my buddy at work has one he is trying to sale, and you know that you can never have too many guns. Kind of up in the air if I really like the Taurus's or not though.

It should be here on Tuesday. I can not tell the difference between it and the Beretta in all the specimens I have played with.
I do like the frame mounted 3 position safety as opposed to the slide mounted one on the Beretta.

remmy1187":3g97uyf5 said:
How do you like it Fotis, my buddy at work has one he is trying to sale, and you know that you can never have too many guns. Kind of up in the air if I really like the Taurus's or not though.

I like the one I have, a blued PT99. One thing. While they look like Berettas, the magazines are slightly different. The hole that the magazine catch on the Taurus is in a slightly different location. Got mine from a co-worker whose wife said, "We have a baby in the house. Get rid of that damn gun." Price was right so I helped him out. :lol: One day at the range, someone left a magazine for a semi-auto laying on the bench. Looked like it was for the Taurus so I took it home and it fit. Later, a guy on one of the sites I go to had a picture of 4 magazines for an unknown pistol. I PM'ed him for any markings and they were correct so for $40 I got 4 more magazines for the gun. 8) On that one my cup runneth over.
Mine is th earlier vrsin with the two position safety but that's OK by me. I like the gun and it shoots my cast bullet eloads into nice groups that I can live with.
Paul B.

PJGunner":2syxbhhn said:
remmy1187":2syxbhhn said:

I like the one I have, a blued PT99. One thing. While they look like Berettas, the magazines are slightly different. The hole that the magazine catch on the Taurus is in a slightly different location. Got mine from a co-worker whose wife said, "We have a baby in the house. Get rid of that damn gun." Price was right so I helped him out. :lol: One day at the range, someone left a magazine for a semi-auto laying on the bench. Looked like it was for the Taurus so I took it home and it fit. Later, a guy on one of the sites I go to had a picture of 4 magazines for an unknown pistol. I PM'ed him for any markings and they were correct so for $40 I got 4 more magazines for the gun. 8) On that one my cup runneth over.
Mine is th earlier vrsin with the two position safety but that's OK by me. I like the gun and it shoots my cast bullet eloads into nice groups that I can live with.
Paul B.

I got that same ultimatum 30 years ago and went out and bought a gun! If fact a pistol, just to make my point!

Yup she should be here tomorrow. Bought 3 beretta hi cap 92 magazines and will modify them when they come in.
Takes about 1 minute with a dremel tool~

Taurus

DSCF4396.jpg

beretta

beretta-92-fs-magazine.jpg

The beretta 92 has a smaller mag catch cutout. You just cut it bigger and it works on the Taurus. The opposite is not possible.

Back