Ruger SBH 5.5"

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Got this from my pop's when I was home this past week. He never shoots it and I wanted a shorter pistol for packing than my 7.5" SBH.. Looking forward to getting it shooting. Need to order a taller front sight post as the current one is too short for anything over the 240-250's. Anybody know where I can get a taller front sight, besides Ruger? They seem to be really backed up and impossible to get ahold of.

4DB41DAA-0DD4-43CA-ABBD-8F8920FA235F-1992-00000147A99AF5C8_zps1dc6e939.jpg

I had one of those, in blue, some years ago. It was a very handy revolver.

With the 300's, recoil was substantial!

I'll do a little thinking about the taller sight... might have an idea.

Guy

Scotty, try Brownell's. That is where I got a rear sight for my J frame S&W. Nice SBH, BTW.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate it a ton. I do think I like it a bunch. Need to give it a good cleaning and find the taller front sight, but other than that, it is ready. Oh, gotta find a holster for it too! HA!

Charlie, I will check Brownells this morning. Thank you

FOTIS":rksj07ff said:
Mines a 45 LC

I was with Dad when he got this one. Tried to talk him into the 45 but he wouldn't go for it. Oh well, I like the 44 a lot too.

Mine's a 44 too. Only the stocks are different. I shoot cast boolits outta mine.

That's my plan as well. Either heavy cast or 300 grain Noslers.

Mine has the 4 5/8" barrel and the grip of he standard Blackhawk. I'm wanting to have it converted to the Bisley grip as the smaller grip is flat out painful but I like the shorter barel for my desert roaming.
I also have one in .45 Colt that has the Bisley frame nad shooting magnum level loads in that gun is a lot more comfortable with the Bisley frame.
Paul B.

onesonek":qj2p9aqh said:
Nice Scotty! I really like those grips!

Thanks Dave. I just loaded up a bunch of 44 to see what it does. Thinking the grips should be decent.

SJB358":qhda1zsd said:
onesonek":qhda1zsd said:
Nice Scotty! I really like those grips!

Thanks Dave. I just loaded up a bunch of 44 to see what it does. Thinking the grips should be decent.

Cool, hope they fit ya. I still have to get a cast mould for my son's .44. Likely have Tom at Accurate Molds craft one, in something like this,,,,, http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_det ... 320B-D.png
And then maybe a second weight in the 280 gr. range of the same design.

Oldtrader3":27pvqbzl said:
Scotty, what powder are you using?

H110 is what I am using right now.

Gene and Fotis got me thinking on Lil Gun if I can ever get my hands on some.

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Still wanting to get started, but I have a few other iron's burning right now.

Back