CCW holster discussion...

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
The carry ammo thread mentioned holsters... Which are a very important part of the concealed carry system.

Whats everybody using?

I started out IWB with a Milt Sparks Versa Max II carrying a 1911 (commander length, officers grip)... Very good setup there.

I have since migrated to OWB carry with a Mitch Rosen 5JR, carrying a Glock 36...a match made in heaven.

My wife also uses a 5JR for her Springfield XDs 45.

And we both carry 2 spare mags in Galco leather mag carriers.

Those are some nice holsters! I haven't found any that I like, but I prefer the simple mic holster for the G33. I wear boxers and my body shape seems to fidget the alien gear and N82 IWB's that I have. I wish I could try out several of the more expensive holsters without buying them to see if they fit better.

I use HBE Holsters out of Salt Lake, UT.
http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

I have the Tuckable IWB holsters for my Kimber 1911 as well as the Ruger LC9
I am going to get a couple more holsters, one for Sue since she is getting a Springfield EMP 9mm and another for a S&W 629 2.5" snub nose.

JD338

To carry a full size pistol I prefer my Safepacker made by The Wilderness. This is basically a man purse. It truly is ugly, but unless someone knows what it is the hidden in plain sight factor works great. I carry my wallet and phone it it as well as hang my keys from it. If anything it adds to my concealment because people think I am a harmless middle aged man with an ugly purse and bad fashion sense.

Because of the way it is designed the draw is pretty fast, especially if wearing a jacket. It is also very flexible as it was originally designed to be carried on a backpack by wilderness EMT's.

Check it out here:http://www.thewilderness.com/safepacker-concealment-holster/

For my full size pistols I've been using Comp Tac Infidels for quiet awhile. Glock 22, Sig P245 & 1911 it works great. I recently picked up a Keyhole Hybrid Holster for my Glock 43. I couldn't be happier with it. Looks great, super comfortable and holds the weapon nice and secure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've worn boxers for a long time. Recently been wondering if there would be any difference wearing boxer briefs and after giving them a week long test- (new pair each day ;) ) I have concluded that I've been missing out since I've started carrying. All those days having to constantly adjust or keep the pants from sagging off... Amateur! Time to make a switch.

Briefs and boxer briefs reduce sperm levels.
Just saying. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm more worried about the damage caused by a cell phone in the pocket than what briefs might do. We're done having kids anyway. :)

Crossbreed holsters...the most conmfortable

Pretty much every day, on-duty when I had a plain-clothes assignment, and off-duty for nearly two decades.

Comfortable. Secure. Fast to draw, fast to re-holster. Oh, and get a GOOD belt.

Dillon leather.

Regards, Guy

I Really like the Crossbreed supertuck. Fits me well and I have two of them now. One for the G30 and one for the G19.

Back