Great defense bullet test!

Great read!

Thank you for posting this Fotis.
In looking at the results, although my caliber isn't listed, I think the bullet I'm currently using may be a little over penetrative.

For non law enforcement usage I don't put much stock in the F.B.I. standards as I think 18" of penetration is a little excessive when one is liable for every bullet they fire and is not backed by the deep pockets of a law enforcement agency.

I noticed that the Barnes, amazingly enough, had some of the least penetration but seems to stay inside, given the depth of penetration in these test, the offender.

I'll be looking at these bullets for my handloaded self defense rounds for my .41 Magnum. The reason I use handloads for the .41 Magnum is because all I can find is hunting loads and those are far too over penetrative on bipedal offenders.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I think a 180 at 900 fps XTP will rule in the 41 mag

FOTIS":1qnmzn89 said:
I think a 180 at 900 fps XTP will rule in the 41 mag
Right now I'm loading the 210 grain XTP at about 1175 fps in the .41 Magnum.
It's a very mild low level load but I may want to change the bullet as the XTP showed good penetration in the tested calibers, per the F.B.I. standards, and I'm wanting to decrease the amount of penetration to limit the danger to non combatants.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back