Finally my dream 44 mag

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
After looking for a long time I found one in like new condition. I ordered the new 2.5" and 4" barrels from Dan Wesson (yup still in business) and I own the whole set. I have fired every double action out there (more or less) and if there is one 44 close to a python this is it! I am elated.

Congratulations Fotis, that looks like a fine weapon and should serve you well. Enjoy and please post some pictures of targets and game taken. (y)

My dad is a big fan wessen fan, he has the 445 with 2.5,4,6,8" barrels and a 357 with 2.5,4,6,8,10 barrels. They are definitely interesting pistols. Make sure you always use the feeler gauge when swapping barrels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely....Hey I might even get a longer barrel and start silhouette shooting.

Very nice indeed. Congratulations Fotis.

JD338

Thank you Jim. She should be a tackdriver.

It do look nice Fotis. I had one that looked just like that one. I sold it about 3 months after I bought it. It had some serious problems and Dan Wesson was going threw some financial problems and was turning out sub quality guns. The barrel was nickle plated and the plating was pealing in the bore and I dug a pound of casting sand out of the action. Dan Wesson wasn't answering the phones and I unloaded it. This back in the 1980s and I loved that gun even after I clean the sand out of it but could accept the plating pealing out of the bore.

No such issues Rodger. This thing is finished like a Colt anaconda .

Nice find.

A friend of mine has picked one a little while ago, (caliber escaping me at the moment, but believe it to be 357 Maximum) and used to have a blued model with three different barrels in 357 Mag. Nice pieces.

I know that I would love to find a 414 Super Mag!

Back