New 9mm

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Could not help myself. Got a killer deal on it.

Springfield Subcompact Mod 2 9mm

I think you will like it a lot Fotis. I just bought the exact same pistol only in 40 S&W for my son. I have carried and still carry for years now a sub-compact Springfield Armory XD-40. I really like that pistol. My duty carry was a 4" Springfield Armory XD-40 with the 4" barrel.

I found a couple really nice holsters that I really like and have used extensively also.

Blackhawk Compact Askins holster. (Love this holster!)
http://blackhawk.com/products/holsters- ... ns-holster

Alessi Ankle Holster. (Best, most secure, comfortable, and well made Ankle Holster I have found!) Expensive but he give a LEO discount military, LEO, ACTIVE and Retired I believe. Tell him when you order.

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/alessi ... mory-guns/

I either carry on the hip just to the rear of my right hip and this Blackhawk holster keeps it tight to you and secure. I cover it with a untucked shirt and it seems to work very well.

The ankle holster as I said is the best I have used. I carry it on my left ankle and then my right ankle. I alternate ankles so it's not on one ankle all the time. It's just as easy to get the pistol out on either leg. Keep the pistol on the inside of the leg and you will see if you wear it on the weak side ankle that it's just as simple to get it out if it should be needed. Just a slight turn of your strong hand wrist is all the is needed to draw it out of the holster very easily and safely. And no there's never any doubt about which ankle it's on. You almost forget it's there it's so comfortable, but there will not be any mistake reaching for the wrong pant-leg to pull up.

Thank you for the insight. I wanted a 40 but only 9mm on sale

I forgot to add something about the ankle holster Fotis. I wanted just a touch more security retention on the open top holster he builds. I asked if he would put a thumb-strap on it which he did NO additional charge!

Those are nice little pop guns. In a subcompact, I prefer 9mm, it is far easier to control, and gives you more real firepower.

You kind of have to look at a sub like a long range knife anyhow. They are not for shooting tight groups, they are for solving a bad problem after diplomacy has failed. 9mm with modern defensive ammo will do the job, and it's cheap and pleasant to get plenty of practice.

Nice pistol Fotis. A 9mm will due the job when need to get up close and personal.
I have an old Colt detective in 32 S&W Long which I reload hollow base wad cutters inverted so the base is exposed. Yeah one big hollow point made from soft lead. :)>)

Back