Gonna try hardcast. . .

OFFSHORE

Beginner
Jan 11, 2016
I've been a .44 caliber lover of various cartridges over the years and 95% of the bullets I use have been jacketed bullets. Well, a bullet I've been using for years and really liked the accuracy and on game performance, the manufacture has decided to change the design and remove the dual cannelure. . .and I seat to the bottom ring. So, now I'm on the hunt for a new type of Hammer Knocker and was looking into going hardcast. The bullet is a 315gr. WLN-GC https://www.montanabulletworks.com/prod ... gr-wln-gc/ from a company called Montana Bullet Works. Just wondering if anyone has had any hunting experience with this style of bullet and this company. From what I have read in reviews (I know. . . most internet reviews) people have been very pleased with MBW. This bullet will primarily be used in a Encore 445 SM 1400/1600 fps and a 444 Marlin 1800/2000 fps (if I can get it to cycle in the action). Any feed back is appreciated.

Haven't tried that particular bullet. Have shot a number of jacketed and cast 300 grain bullets from 44 mag revolvers over the years. It's a serious combination.

Guy

Back