A fine afternoon with my son!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
My youngest son was able to spend this afternoon at the range with me! We both enjoyed. Nothing but handguns today, and some good defensive handgun training. We busted some caps today!

Started with the 22's, then moved into the 38 & the compact Kahr 9mm, and finally brought out our favorites, the 45 Kimbers. Ahhh... We both like the 1911 platform.

My son with the Ruger 22/45 at the start of our training session:
A0UK5DOl.jpg

I like how quickly he's back on target with the tiny 9mm Kahr:
UY7fvuil.jpg

And he did pretty well with the S&W Model 19 & mild 38 loads:
tIjEEoIl.jpg

His first "failure drill" today, with the 45 Kimber. I was impressed!
iWgcWtHl.jpg

A bit later, after I'd started pushing him to increase his speed:
BOWtRXhl.jpg

And he caught a photo of me, with my much-loved S&W Model 19:
QNUKXWKl.jpg

What a great afternoon! :) He's about to enjoy steak with me here at home this evening. It's nice to see that he handles his firearms so safely and accurately. Of course he's been shooting since he was about 5 years old...

Nice that we still enjoy shooting together. I sure like that.

Regards, Guy

I always wished I would of picked up a Model 19 at the Gun Show when there were about 25 in one cardboard box for $225 dollars all traded in police guns. Some looked to have been shot very little and some a lot and some looked to have been kicked across the parking lot. Note to self, when you know it's a deal go for it, and don't think you can get that kind of deal at another time.

1100 Remington Man":2w7mimjr said:
I always wished I would of picked up a Model 19 at the Gun Show when there were about 25 in one cardboard box for $225 dollars all traded in police guns. Some looked to have been shot very little and some a lot and some looked to have been kicked across the parking lot. Note to self, when you know it's a deal go for it, and don't think you can get that kind of deal at another time.

They are pretty sweet. I shoot mild 38's through mine most of the time, only rarely putting a few powerful 357 magnum rounds through it. Good little gun, handy, accurate, and if need-be, powerful.

Guy

Well done. Would give a two weeks pay straight off if the kid wanted to spend any time with "dad". You did something right. Glad you enjoyed the time. CL

Thanks CL. (y)

It's funny, the older son "Jeeps" with me.

The younger one shoots and hunts with me. Both enjoy fishing.

Gotta get that "Jeep" son more interested in hunting, he sure eats venison like crazy, but I have to go shoot it! :grin: Jeep son is pretty enthused about "black guns" like the 9mm Glock and the 5.56 AR-15. Not so much on blued steel, walnut, and stalking wild game.

I'm grateful that in their 20's & 30's they both still enjoy hanging out with me!

Guy

Back