CQB Drill

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Had a blast (pun intended) shooting with my buddy Gavin yesterday afternoon at his place. Instructed him in the "CQB" or Close Quarter Battle" drill, which he'd never done.

This is one of those "Oh Crud!" drills, intended to train the shooter for an extremely short range, violent encounter. Marksmanship doesn't really play much of a role in it. It's fast, violent, and potentially a life-saver.

ADqGMjMl.jpg

He's a happy guy, just learned something new!

Earlier photo of me doing the drill at our Gun Club, photographed by my son. Was using my little Kahr 9mm that day, and it was a lot warmer!

3xJZVIjl.jpg

I like teaching that drill, but it's not something I'd recommend trying to learn without competent instruction. Fairly possible to put a hole in yourself if done improperly!

Guy

Are you sure your holding the pistol right?
All the pictures I've seen of homey is holding the pistol side ways and that's how I thought it was done you know so the hot brass will fly up into your face or down your neck. LOL LOL LOL
Yeah I'm pulling your string.
But I did hate doing those with a revolver, always had to make sure you had it extended far enough forward so as not to get the hot gas from the cylinder gap.
I use to get a good laugh when a rookie would set their shirt on fire, you would see them smoldering and they would be wondering where the smoke was coming from.

:mrgreen:

Ya, nobody taught me to do this with a revolver... I figured that out on my own. :mrgreen:

Guy

Well the revolver is what was issued so that's what we had to use. Being a reloader and knowing about the cylinder side blast I always made sure I was clear. :grin:

Revolver was issued?

Dang, you're older than me! :wink:

I know revolvers, but was never issued one.

Guy

Guy Miner":38o9wrcy said:
Revolver was issued?

Dang, you're older than me! :wink:

I know revolvers, but was never issued one.

Guy
Yeah your a young fellow. I have you by 10yrs.

Back