44 magnum fired indoors...

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Working with some folks on a little project...

My goodness a 4" 44 mag revolver has some muzzle blast, fired with full power loads, inside a room... :shock:

Fun though.

Guy

I bet it is loud...

My 6.5 inch 41 mag rings my ears pretty good even outside, I'd hate to have to fire it inside.

It will certainly illuminate the room.
I have a S&W 629 3" and it will put on an impressive light show with full power loads outdoors.
This is my woods carry gun.
ecULGyC.jpg

JD338

I once shot next to a guy with a 2'' or 3'' 44 mag and I had to stop shooting. It rattled my teeth and my aim was a full target off when he shot.
Muzzle-blast was spectacular!
If you don't hit your target, you will at least burn it...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Did this years ago with a Ruger Super Blackhawk in an indoor range. I swear I thought the walls expanded. While we're on the subject (and I think Guy can attest to this) firing a handgun inside a building whether it be a hallway or room without ear protection will guarantee you hearing loss. There's a lot to be said about having electronic ears on a nightstand next to your firearm.

diverdown":127smlx2 said:
Did this years ago with a Ruger Super Blackhawk in an indoor range. I swear I thought the walls expanded. While we're on the subject (and I think Guy can attest to this) firing a handgun inside a building whether it be a hallway or room without ear protection will guarantee you hearing loss. There's a lot to be said about having electronic ears on a nightstand next to your firearm.
What did you say? :)

JD338

Don't know if it was 44, but the last time I shot indoors, was the last time. Guy next to me had a hand cannon of some sort. Don't blame him at all. Just not fun. CL

I bet it sounded like a howitzer going off indoors! LOL My GP 100 357 has a 4” barrel and will bust your eardrums without hearing protection with magnum loads outside. Can’t imagine how much worse it would be indoors.

Guy Miner":2jl49of6 said:
Working with some folks on a little project...

My goodness a 4" 44 mag revolver has some muzzle blast, fired with full power loads, inside a room... :shock:

Fun though.

Guy

You think? LOL! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL. You’ll only do that once without ear plugs. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and my dad and uncles grew up just after the Great Depression. Their methods of harvesting deer were opportunistic to say the least. I recall a 270 being shot through the camp bathroom window from inside once due to someone’s lack of forethought. You’d have thought someone lit a stick of dynamite off in the camp.

JD338":6yh0uef3 said:
It will certainly illuminate the room.
I have a S&W 629 3" and it will put on an impressive light show with full power loads outdoors.
This is my woods carry gun.
ecULGyC.jpg

JD338

That is a beautiful pistol.

noslerpartition":2j8dvi5t said:
I once shot next to a guy with a 2'' or 3'' 44 mag and I had to stop shooting. It rattled my teeth and my aim was a full target off when he shot.
Muzzle-blast was spectacular!
If you don't hit your target, you will at least burn it...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

I own a 2inch snub in 44Mag and with full power 240 Gr loads recoil and blast is substantial so I usually load it with 44SPL (call me a wimp); as a pet project I will load some 300Gr. XTP loads I used to load for bear country but have never tried it in a snub nose; will update at a later date. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet that 2" 44 magnum gets everyone's attention with full power loads! :)

Guy

Back