a year with the .260

reflex264

Handloader
Jun 13, 2007
I usually hunt with handguns now and occasionally a rifle but this year I didn't shoot anything with a rifle. I put together a .260 Encore using an MGM barrel.
Scary accurate. Shoots .25" groups and that isn't exaggerating. The bullet of choice is the 140grain Nosler Partition.
Here are the results.
buck at 137 yards
rdqeiio.jpg

doe at 149 yards
rmhP4QF.jpg

buck at 216 yards
S0XHGzq.jpg

Nicely done Roy. Congratulations on your successful season.
Glad to see you back here.

JD338

JD338":nffcd33k said:
Nicely done Roy. Congratulations on your successful season.
Glad to see you back here.

JD338

I am going to to try to visit around to old haunts more this year. Its been a crazy year. A lot of this year was blessed with 80 hour work weeks. I did manage to hunt some and looking forward to turkey season. I didn't even make one duck hunt this year.

Really nice deer and handgun. Really love the 260 as well, I'm surprised that you used the 140 gr PT but it obviously works great even at pistol speeds.

gerry":1pppve1n said:
Really nice deer and handgun. Really love the 260 as well, I'm surprised that you used the 140 gr PT but it obviously works great even at pistol speeds.

I have never seen a 140 .264 Partition not expand. It leaves a nice long shank with a ball on the end. Never have to look far for a deer with it. Going to try some 125gr partitions shortly.

Congratulations. My Grandson Landon started using a 260 this year, not a pistol though. What powder do you use? Dan.

Congratulations on great hunts.. Brings back memories of my Encore with an MGM .260 rifle barrel.
It was a sweet package that never let me down. Wishing that I had not sold it now as it would have been perfect for hunting on Dan's farm in western New York.. Rol

Back