33 Nosler...soon to report

Here's a pic... we had to climb to the edge of a vegetation to get these. Clinging to the high places still yet.

Attachments

• gary.jpg
    gary.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 4,530
Caribou are such lovely creatures. It is always a joy to watch them as they move about.

hodgeman":f33xovq9 said:
Update...

Back from a week of hunting and my partner shot a nice bull at 250yds... center punched him with a hand loaded 250gr AB.... one and done. 33 Nosler is a killer.

Pretty gratifying to see a guy I taught how to shoot, hunt and handload over the last few years take a nice critter with a round he loaded!

Those big 33's are pretty serious pounders. That big 250 AB is a wicked Bullet.

Congratulations guys! Awesome report and pics. That thing looks to be a hammer and the hot ticket for AK!
V/R,
Joe

The 33 Nosler has decked 2 more caribou this season.... both one shot kills at 80-90 yards.

No bullets recovered. Meat damage with the 250gr AB seems minimal- sure, it puts big gaping holes through whatever it hits, but there's not a lot of blood shot meat on the periphery of the wound channel that extends into the eating parts. It's very much like the .375H&H in that regard. Moose did not (unfortunately) participate in ballistics testing this year.

My buddy is just happy as a clam with the new rifle.

Back