Nosler...Model 21 New Model?

HodgemanAK

Beginner
Oct 23, 2020
I saw a brief Facebook blip about a Nosler Model 21. The rifle described was a .375 H&H.

A cursory Google search turned up a listing for a Model 21 in 28 Nosler at RGS Distributors. No photo or price.

It looks like Nosler may be giving us a new rifle this year. I'm very curious, especially considering how much I've enjoyed my M48.

Been hearing more than a few horror stories coming from nosler rifles recently. It will be interesting to see what they come out with. I just hope they done try a budget rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all I have seen/heard

Attachments

• n21.jpg
    n21.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 3,802
Here's a link to John Snow's write up on the Model 21 he took to Africa.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/no...F0rSPsyJafIjwsq6DtjtcqbnZtP7Dsh7EK-8TknoY6nyU

I've been eyeballing a new rifle for some time now. I believe I'll just wait on one of these, most likely in 300WM since I'm already loading for it and have a good quantity of components on the bench. I've had such a marvelous run with my 48, it's tough to look elsewhere.

That said- any of the Nosler cognoscenti got a likely ship date on these?

It looks very similar to the Christensen Mesa. It has all the features to be a. Excellent hunting rifle. I’m looking forward to seeing one in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the Nosler guarantee for accuracy of this $2495 rifle?
I was expecting to read something along the lines of 1 MOA, of 3 shots, from the bench, of "premium factory ammunition".

Kudos for including scope bases, and that for once, there is an offering that includes a threaded muzzle protector that DOESN'T look like a wart on the end of the nose.

JD338":2vo6ku8b said:
Looks like a nice rifle. I'm thinking the 308 Win would make for a great White Tail woods rifle.

JD338

How long before you get yours JD?

I finally picked my M21 in 300WM up today. The good and bad...

The good- it's a very, very businesslike rifle with great fit and finish. The stock feels great- slim fore end, great non-slip finish, and not at all hollow sounding. The thread protector on the muzzle doesn't look like an afterthought and it knurled nicely. The trigger is very good out of the box and adjustable if it's not. Mine fed from the magazine with no issues like folks noted above. The magazine is pretty long like a Wyatt (it may be a Wyatt for all I know).

The extractor and ejector is an M16 type a'la Sako and looks beefy. I love the bolt travel- smooth and no slop in the raceway.

Other good news. The magazine box is longer than standard. I broke out the OAL gauge and loaded the long 210gr ABLR out to the point it could touch lands. 2.5999". Even loaded at that long length, rounds fit and function in the magazine. I can't imagine there are many bullets that I won't be able to hit the lands with and still have a round that'll go through the magazine. With the added powder space and some slow powder like RL26 or IMR8133...it'll be a death ray.

The rifle weighs in at a tidy 6.9 pounds (6 lb 14.25 oz)....less than the advertised 7.1 pounds.

The bad- the bases look like skyscrapers. I removed them and tried to mount a set of Leupold Backcountry 1-piece ring mounts for a Remington 700. The thread spacing is correct but the holes are 8x40 rather than the more common 6x48. The front one fits fine, the rear one has a different receiver diameter...so a set of Remington 700 bases everyone has a dozen sets of in the drawer isn't going to work.

I put a set of Warne 30mm Low rings on it and it's higher than I like for a hard cheek weld. Ditto for a set of Warne 1" Low rings...I'm left with my eye lining up with the bottom of the rings. Until someone like Talley makes a dedicated set of low mounts for the M21...I'm probably stuck with a stock pack to add some space under my cheek bone.

I also heard from my friend at the shop that Talley is developing a set of their ultralights for it. That'll work. I did consider that the rifle with a suppressor would probably benefit from the stock bases and low rings, albeit higher than I want. I don't have a can...yet.

Bottom line- I'm thinking once I sort out a scope, it's going be a joy to hunt with.

Hodgeman AK,
Thanks for the update on the M21. I've got one in 308 Win on its way. I have Leupold PRW rings, both low and medium so maybe the VX-6 3-18x44mm will work out with the low rings and not sit too high.

JD338

Hodgeman AK,
Thanks for the update on the M21. I've got one in 308 Win on its way. I have Leupold PRW rings, both low and medium so maybe the VX-6 3-18x44mm will work out with the low rings and not sit too high.

JD338
I settled on the PRW 30mm in low- it's the best setup I've found yet.

I finally got the scope mounted up... a 6x42 FX3 in Leupold BC Lows.

The scoped weight came right in at 7.7 pounds... about as light as a 300 needs to be. I've got a bunch of loads ready for testing when the range thaws.

Attachments

• M21 scoped weight.jpg
    M21 scoped weight.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 17
  • M21 and scope.jpg
    M21 and scope.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 18
That 6x Leupold is one of my favorite scopes!

Looking forward to your range report.

Regards, Guy

Wish I had mine. Nosler still has my m21 6.5prc. It’s been there since the 23rd of December. Very little communication and no timeline of when to expect it to be fixed. No offer to refund or swap out for a different caliber. Keep in mind this was negligence on there part because the gun wasn’t tested before it left the factory! When I get it back I’ll most likely sell it and avoid there products all together. Hard to be excited about a company and a brand when you feel like they don’t really care about you!

My nosler model 21 would not feed or eject ammo. Long story short the gun was sent back and it took over 6 weeks for me to get the gun back. After being told it would have a new designed magazine box by a company that was custom making them just for nosler, the gun came back yesterday with the Wyatts box mag still in it. And guess what. It still will not feed the 2nd and 3rd round. 😡 Not only that but the gun was sent back to me without the scope base installed. Oh and while the gun was there they determined that there was a bur in the barrel and that it wouldn’t shoot accurately so they put a new barrel on it. The problem the first time was that they did not check to see if the gun worked before it left nor did they check it the second time. David In customer service is very hard to get intouch with. Sometimes it takes several days for him to call or email you back. When this started nobody apologized or said what they would do to make it right and to this day they still have not. They act like they don’t care. I asked repeatedly for a refund or if I could swap calibers and I was told he would ask his boss and I never got an answer. Apparently Nosler thinks it’s ok to sell you a $2,000 gun that doesn’t work, treat you like crap, and send it back to you still not working. They have obvious quality control issues as well as communication problems within the company, and a problem with the way they treat there customers. It’s ok to make a mistake but it’s how you handle it that counts. And you would think that when they sent the gun back that they would throw in a t shirt or a box of ammo right just to say sorry? Nope. They have lost a customer who has owned serval of there guns and always shot there ammo.

Well. I have my new M21 in 300 Winchester Mag waiting for a moment off work and a gap in schedule to go out and fire some loads. I have shot JD338’s 375 and that’s about as well behaved as any magnum I have ever shot. Ive owned an 06 or two that were more unpleasant than that rifle is to shoot. The customer service has been excellent as far as my experience has been. I know they are swamped and could probably use a few more people like everyone else. As far as my rifle goes I’ll get back when I shoot it. As far as fit finish and function short of the range it’s perfect.

So far so good with my 21 300 mag. I loaded up the last of my 150 grain Barnes XLC’s (yep old bullets). Three shots and zeroed and printed a bug hole size group at 100 yards. Those will work for deer and black bears this fall. The 175’s gave me two tight and one a little outside right at the 3 o’clock. Just off max load with RL26. I assume a seating depth adjustment will bring that third one in where it belongs. It was consistently throwing a little right with all load weights I had at that seating depth.

Back