Nosler's Varmageddon™ AR Rifle

NoslerMP

Range Officer
Jun 1, 2011
Varmageddon_AR_Scope_03.jpg

Varmageddon_AR_Scope_02.jpg

Varmageddon_AR_Scope_01.jpg

Nosler®, long known for manufacturing some of the world’s finest varmint bullets and ammunition has partnered up with the master AR builders at Noveske® to unleash the new Varmageddon™ Signature Series AR Varmint Rifle. Designed to be the ultimate varmint hunting platform, the Varmageddon™ AR is equally at home in the prairie dog towns of the plains, or calling coyotes in the sagebrush. Available as rifle only for $2295 or in a complete accessory package that includes a Varmageddon™ edition Leupold® VX-3 LR 4.5-14x50 scope featuring the CDS™ turret calibrated to match Nosler’s .223 55gr Tipped Varmageddon™ ammunition for $3195. This unprecedented collaboration between Nosler®, Noveske® and Leupold® takes all the work out of choosing a varmint hunting system. The Varmageddon™ AR rifle comes standard with the features below commonly found only on custom AR rifles:

- 18” 1:8 Twist Stainless Steel Barrel
-5.56mm Chamber
-Extended Feed Ramps
-Bead blasted finish on barrel
-1/2x28 threads w/ thread protector
-Low Profile Gas block pinned to barrel
-Forged Vltor MUR upper receiver featuring anti-rotation interface with handguard
-Free floated 13.5” NSR Handguard featuring the revolutionary KeyMod system
-Shot peened and MP tested bolt
-Auto carrier with properly staked carrier key
-BCMGUNFIGHTER™ charging handle
-Intermediate length gas system
-Noveske® Signature Back Up Iron Sight by Troy® Industries
-Forged lower with:
-Mil-Spec receiver extension
-Geissele® SD-E Trigger
-Magpul® PRS® Stock
-Magpul® MOE® Grip

Fascinating. I'm tempted to get one of these, just 'cause! :grin:

Mason, man, you could have sent me one or two of them for field testing! We would have ran it a steady diet of 77 grain ammo.. Swear we would have taken care of it!

Very awesome Mason.. I think Nosler is going to do well with Noveske! Great looking rifle!

I like and not a bad deal to boot. Just bought a 18" A1 6.8 spc upper to to go along with my .223

68spcupper005.jpg

That new Nosler rifle looks good - in an AR kind of way! :grin:

For anyone who hasn't used one, the AR-15 type varmint rifles are amazingly easy to shoot well, and a ton of fun. I'd expect one sold by Nosler to be very good indeed.

Guy

That looks like a keeper/
I am sure it will be a big seller for Nosler.

JD338

I just looked at one at the Pro Shop in Bend and had a couple questions the staff could not answer.

1. Is chamber a NATO or Wylde?

2. What kind of rifling?

3. Contour and weight of barrel?

4. Is low profile gas block adjustible lilke LaRue OBR? (I shoot a suppressor so that is somewhat important).

The Noveske and Pacnor websites did not help clear things up any, as the Noveske 18 inch barrel is a 1-7 polygonal rather than 1-8 the Varmageddon has.

It is a good value despite seemingly high cost. A similar LaRue or Black Rain will cost $200 more and not have metallic sights included. So you are getting those for free.

Staff said 4 month wait. Faster than LaRue for sure.

Point taken, the staff should be able to answer those questions for the AR-15 enthusiast.

Guy

Back