TGR Forend Flex

BravoFoxtrot

Beginner
Mar 3, 2013
Has anyone noticed any forend flex on their TGR; specifically with a magnum barrel contour? I was under the impression that the TGR uses a full length chassis, but mine does not.

Thanks!

BF, welcome aboard. To answer your question, I've never noted this on any of the TGRs I've shot. Interesting query, to be sure. Perhaps someone else will be along momentarily with another observation.

A quick (and relatively light) pinch of the forend and barrel will cause the barrel to contact the stock.

I'm not fond of flexible stocks, but this one hasn't affected accuracy in the few times that I've shot it. My 5 and 10 shot groups come in at just a hair under an inch, so it shoots well. However, I might slap a bipod on it and this could change things.

With that being said, I love the rifle. I'm not terribly fond of the stock or a CM barrel, but the rest of the package works amazing. This rifle has become my favorite.

No doubt, DrMike.

The flex in the forend does concern me as this can be a big problem with bipod shooting.

I do understand your concern; I just haven't enough experience to comment. I wonder whether fore end bedding might address the problem should it develop?

Sorry I didn't see this post or I would've responded sooner! :grin:

The "full length bedding system" refers to "full length" of the action, and does not extend into the forend of the stock. Extending the bedding system to the very tip of the stock would likely make the stock more rigid, but being that the end of the stock is so far from the last contact point with the action--some degree of flex is inevitable without negatively affecting the overall weight and balance of the rifle with further reinforcement. Of course glass bedding the barrel channel will take care of this issue, but full length barrel bedding adds other variables which can easily affect accuracy, and the general consensus between our ballistics team and gunsmiths, and much of the industry and customer base, is that free floating barrels is the way to go.

We have used bipods on our rifles many times over the years, and have never had any issues resulting from stock contact with the barrel, nor have we had any customer complaints of accuracy issues resulting from bipod use. I would say hang a bipod on the rifle and go shooting! If you do have any troubles, just let us know and we'll get you taken care of.

Glad you're enjoying your rifle! :grin:

SF

My TGR doesn't have any issues running a bipod and it will stack bullets in the same hole.

My favorite rifle of all time.

Back