Nosler 2014 rifles

NOSLER PATRIOT!!! Now I know what Shawn was referring to in our emails! Kudos Nosler for offering a more affordable rifle!!!

One of those in 30-06 or 308 WILL find its way home to me towards the end of the year.

The Heritage is certainly a handsome rifle. I could see one of those in my future.

AJ it doesn't say but I assume they are still using Pac Nor barrels. I like the Patriot too.

gerry":2a9ni5do said:
AJ it doesn't say but I assume they are still using Pac Nor barrels. I like the Patriot too.

I wouldnt even mind not having the Pac Nor. As long as the twist rate can let me use the heavy bullets (180 AB and PT, 190 ABLR, and 208 AMAX) I will be happy, happy, happy!

In the TGR they have a 1 in 12 for the 308 and 1 in 10 for the 30-06 so if that stays the same the 30-06 will be the one you want for those heavy bullets. The 30-06 will spin the 220 gr PT nicely, talk about a good thumper for moose and grizzly :)

gerry":12wb1nmg said:
In the TGR they have a 1 in 12 for the 308 and 1 in 10 for the 30-06 so if that stays the same the 30-06 will be the one you want for those heavy bullets. The 30-06 will spin the 220 gr PT nicely, talk about a good thumper for moose and grizzly :)

Awesome. That and my 45-70, look out N. America

Between those two and your 7mm-08 you have everything covered except maybe a dedicated varmint rig.

gerry":2ko3vb2d said:
Between those two and your 7mm-08 you have everything covered except maybe a dedicated varmint rig.

I have plans for the 7mm08 actually. I am turning it into a dual paper-puncher/hunting rig :grin: Going to run some lonnnggggg, heavy bullets in her and trick her out a little bit.

For the varmint rig...an AR of some sort eventually :)

That's what I do with my 260 Rem, the 7mm-08 will be accurate as well.

Holy cow Gerry, nice find! I guess these are the new "platform" rifles Nosler was talking about for introducing the new Nosler 26 cartridge. Doc, I'm with you! That Heritage in 26 Nosler would be awfully nice......
Joe

One of those Outfitters sure would be handy up here… wonder how the sights line up with the comb of the stock?

Either one of those models would be great :). I wonder what they will cost here north if the 49th.
I think that I would recommend the Heritage to my boys :wink:.
My youngest Matty loves the unusual so he would likely go with a 7mm-08 or a 6.5X284 Norma & I could see Mikey with a another 7mm of some sort :).

Blessings,
Dan

ajvigs":2kw25qxa said:
The more I look at the Patriot, the more I want it!

Same here. I like how they have ditched CM for SS for the barrels. I'm looking forward to the specs on this rifle; specifically the twist rates and components. The pricing is a little more than a Sako Finnlight, but I suspect this will be a better overall package.

sask boy":1l0l3out said:
Either one of those models would be great :). I wonder what they will cost here north if the 49th.
I think that I would recommend the Heritage to my boys :wink:.
My youngest Matty loves the unusual so he would likely go with a 7mm-08 or a 6.5X284 Norma & I could see Mikey with a another 7mm of some sort :).

Blessings,
Dan

Life would be good for your son with a 6.5x284......... :)

This just in at HuntingBC a prebuy for the new Nosler 48 Patriot, Outfitter and Heritage

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthrea ... g-26Nosler!

Thanks jerry I will be talking to my boys that is not a bad price!!!
Nosler quality is in their rifles as well:)!!

Blessings,
Dan

Back