Nosler 48 Professional - BBL Break-In DONE..!!!! (PICS)

sargeny1

Beginner
Jan 3, 2008
Hi All...Shot the new Nosler 30/06 Professional today...xmas to me 2013 Nosler Sale..Nosler says shoot one,clean, for 1st 10 rounds...shoot 3, clean, for next 15 rounds...shoot 5,clean, shoot a fouler, then shoot 5 for accuracy...OK..this target is the first 3 shots from this new rifle....Ammo is Nosler Custom Trophy Grade 150gr. Partition...I cleaned after every shot..1st shot is high to left ..then #'s 2&3 went into one hole...group is .590"...I only shot 10 rounds today...and no group went over .600".....and followed their cleaning routine...wanted to get the rifle back home for a thorough cleaning before moving on with their routine...rifle now has a barrel full of wipe-out...used Butch bore shine at range...3 wet patches removed the powder fouling and only a trace of copper...
Also, the Nightforce scope has just absolutely awesome glass...much better than any of my Swarovski and Schmidt & Bender..and just flat out destroys the one Leupold VX-R scope I have...
I'll follow Nosler's Break-In routine but it doesn't seem its needed.....
Pete
NOSLERTARG.jpg

NOSLER_003.jpg

You won't regret following the break in routine; it will pay dividends. That is looking pretty good, however.

That's a pretty sweet Christmas gift to yourself!! :p Too bad those 30-06 rifles just don't shoot very well. :grin: That's fantastic.

Very nice indeed. Congratulations on your rifle and scope, you have yourself a shooter!

JD338

I was doing the break in on mine and pretty much gave up. The break in groups were so good I just broke it in hunting!

Seriously nice rig!

Pete, you are confirming that Nosler again is turning out a quality product. Proper break in of that barrel is going to set you up for success in the future.
It looks like you have a great combination there.
Thank you for the report & photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Back